Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Aero Commander 520 Released

Guest Milton

Hello Everyone,Just to inform you that the AC520 has been uploaded to major sites and should be showing up soon. The front page announcement states incorrectly that it can be downloaded at my site. Not so, but AVSIM should have it posted shortly.FSVC, Flightsim, and FSNordic are also available distributors.Thanks to everyone at the AVSIM community for their support of the Dash 7 and encouragement to move on to a second project. I hope the Aero Commander 520 and the rest of the series bring you many flying hours of enjoyment.Some pics are available over at the bush forum: http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID75/377.htmlMilton Shupe

Its in the Avsim library now. I am downloading the VC version even as we speak. Thanks a bunch. I'll be back after flying this thing. :)

Just took the Mobil Pegasus, around the patch. Nice flying airplane. The paint job is very very nice. Mobil gas would be proud. Never having flown a Commander twin, (I'm only single engine rated), I can't comment on the flight charcteristics other than to say it is a nice stable craft. Thanks for a very nice freeware contribution.

Just took 'er for a quick spin and have to say its another one of those awesome freeware contributions. Thank you very much to the guys that put it together, and spent countless hours making it as perfect as it is. This will be an aircraft Ill enjoy for quite a while.Craig

Guest racartron

Oh my! she is a real beauty guys!! Had her out and about as soon as I I could get her downloaded. Handles sweet. Went for the VC version and it's great. If this one takes off (pardon the pun) like the Dash 7's, I'll need to knock out the back wall in my hanger to get 'em all inside. Don't want the elements messing up those liveries 8>)BTW, Couldn't get to the site you referenced in the readme file.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Guest Ken Meier

Milton,Thank you, She is a real beauty. Two versions, so everyone is happy (2D & VC)Ken

Guest bjornkeizers

Excellent job. So far, I'm very impressed. Nice interior. She's a classic allright.Are you guys planning some other versions too? Like a 680? I'd love to have a slightly bigger and more modern version of this superb quality!

Thank you all for the nice comments that's keeps us going :-)It was fun to do and to give something back to our community and with a great team...Bjorn As for your question we are going to do several AC :-)AC560A(HC), AC680 Super, AC500, AC500S, and AC680E/FP all in three different liveries. (Couldn't stop to make liveries, so instead of three we ended up with five for this release lol) See also the website:http://www.flightsimonline.com/commanderMaybe Milton will respond here later :-)Andr

André

Guest bjornkeizers

>Bjorn As for your question we are going to do several AC :-) >AC560A(HC), AC680 Super, AC500, AC500S, and AC680E/FP all in >three different liveries. Woohoo! :-jumpy You just made my day :D :-beerchug

Thank you Racarton, as for the website it's currently quite busy due to the high demand of traffic lolHope that the response is faster and the availability also later in the week... :-)Andr

André

After downloading this aircraft from AVSIM and following all the instructions to intall the aircraft in FS2K2 Pro, I can't seem to get the aircraft to display on the FS menu. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I overlooking something? All the files are where they are supposed to be, but the aircraft just won't show up on the select menu. Thanks in advance for any assistance.Regards,HarryKey West, FL

Harry,The aircraft should show up on the menu as Aero Design. If it's not there, I would first check to see if either the .air or aircraft.cfg file is missing. If they are there, I'd do a close read of the aircraft.cfg file to see if something got messed up, like a missing bracket around Flightsim.0.John

Guest Milton

Harry,Look at the attached jpg's for examples of how the aircraft should be in your FS2002. Maybe this will help sort out the issue.You will likely find these as well in your FS2002 main folder.Milton

Guest Milton

Thanks to all of you who responded here with your comments and compliments. There are warmly received and greatly appreciated.I hope that you get many hours of fun out of this Commander while we move on to the next in the series, the AC560A(HC).With each model, there will be improvements and new features. The next few panels(and models) have very interesting era radios and gauges that Scott put together. I know you will love them.With the response from the VC version, (our first basic VC), I'll try to make it a bit more pleasing to the eyes. This version was not planned for the VC, kind of a last minute deal.Thank you for showing your support and appreciation. :-)Warm RegardsMilton