Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Aero Commander 520 Released

Did all of that but still can't get the aircraft to display on the select menu. I copied and pasted all files according to instructions and followed the jpg documentation as well. This one really has me stymied! I know it's got to be something that's rather obvious that I'm missing! Thanks in advance.Regards,HarryKey West, FL

Very nice plane Milton!....THUMBS UP...=Swiv=

Guest Milton

Sorry I misread your post. Please do as suggested and post the 1st 100 lines of the aircraft.cfg, and ensure that the ac520v1.mdl or AC520vc.mdl is in the model folder.ThanksMilton

Guest racartron

How about posting the first section of your aircraft.cfg file? If the plane doesn't show up at all in the FS selection pane then something is amiss in that section.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Got the menu problems sorted out. Thanks Milton for all your help!! This is one great aircraft! HarryKey West, FLCapital of The Conch Republic--We Seceded Where Others Failed!

Man, those guys did an outstanding job on that plane. Thanks for the hard work. I love the attention to detail like the landing gear. I have no complaints on my part. Love the panel too.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Milton,Looking forward to your 560! It was in a 560 that I declared my only emergency from all the years of flying, which prompted the emergency crew (ambulance and fire) at Sacramento International Airprt to wait aside the runway while I made my landing. Just as I activated the gear for landing, while turning onto final, a large bang came from the nose area, my yoke shook really hard, I got no green on the nose gear, and hydraulic fluid was streaming up the windscreen. I aborted the landing and did a flyby of the tower where they confirmed my nose gear was down, but of course they were unable to tell if it was locked or not. I set her down on the mains and then gently eased the nose down to the runway and she held, no problem. I had approached the runway on sort of a diagonal line so that if the nose gear collapsed, the damaged would be minimzed by our sliding off into the grass, but that turned out not to be necessary. Apparently, just as I hit the gear switch, a very large Canadian Goose did a Kamakazi on me. The hydraulic fluid on our windscreen was in fact blood and the very large dent on the nose of the 560 had shorted out a relay switch for the nose gear light.The Goose wasn't so lucky, as he/she spun-in and crashed onto a parked car at a office building nearby the airport (heard about that later).Bear

Guest Milton

Thank you all for those nice comments. I assure you that the best is yet to come. The 560 panel is very different and feels really era rich. Scott and Nick Pike have done a great job getting some of these old style radios and gauges to work.I have about 3 weeks of work to get the 560 visual model and VC ready and mapped for textures. While Andre is working on textures, I will be into the FD's to tune for this aircraft. You can probably expect the 560 in 4-6 weeks.Thank you again and enjoy. :-)Milton

Everybody Shout!!MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO!!!!I am so happy, my fathers first twin was this Aero Commander. It has revived very fond memories!!Milton, and team you have blown my mind on this one. Again I gotta say it........MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO, MILTON AND CO!!!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssigsmall.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Milton & all of your team. I am new to this forum but after finding & flying the VC version of your new Aero Commander I just had to thank you all personally. All of your efforts are much appreciated in this project and am looking forward to others. The Aero Commander is one of my favorite prop planes and have always wanted a FS 2002 version. I flew in one as a passenger back when I was a kid over the Gulf coast from SW Louisiana to Mississippi. I had a blast getting to sit up front in the co-pilot seat. Unfortunately we had to drive back due to a hurricane. A few years later I got to fly in a Jet Commander across southern Texas and back. Is there any chance a Jet Commander might be in your list of future projects? I've yet to find one of those for FS 2002 to date.It's planes like these that make this hobby better and better. Many thanks again. Definite award quality for sure.Stuart G.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Milton, Scott, & Andre. Great aircraft package. Love the ole props. Looking foward to the rest of the series.:-outtaJeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii

Greetings!Thanks for creating and releasing this wonderful aircraft! I prefer to fly lite twins and t-props...I know that I'll be getting many hours of enjoyment out of this :-)I guess I'm the only one having this problem, since I haven't seen any posts regarding it. Everything works on the Commander(s) with one exception. When I bring up the radio subpanel there is nothing there except the audio panel across the top, and an empty black vertical rectangle where the other radio gauges should be. When I move my mouse over this area, I can see where the "click" spots (+, -, etc...) but there is nothing else there. This is on both the VC and NVC aircraft.Anyone have any ideas....?Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest Milton

Scott,I have forwarded your question to Scott Thomas for his attention.Milton