Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Aero Commander 520 Released

HJPGauge radio troubles..I cant answer why, but cabs seem to be fickle sometimes. We ran into that a couple of instances of the Dash 7, and have seen it on the Commander once or twice.A common fix is to go into the Gauges folder, find the "HJPGauges.cab" file, delete it, then reinstall the HJPGauges.cab.This will often show itself, I believe, when a cab tries to overwrite another cab! But the problem doesnt limit itself to overwrites!Anyone with any ideas as to why this happens and how to avoid it, I would greatly appreciate any input!!Thanks all!!Scott

Thanks for the response and info. I tried deleting the .cab file and reinstalling, but no luck...I have both releases of you Dash7, and didn't encounter the problem there. Sure hope we can figure this out.Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest Milton

Scott,Are you running XP?If so, try copy/paste to put the original .cab files in the FS2002/Gauges folder. YOu can also check the panel.cfg radio stack window01 for these gauge names:gauge00=HJPGauges!ClockDMERadio2, 0,28,154,139gauge01=bendix_king_radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0,0,157,26gauge02=RwyInfo!V1, 7,294,48,15gauge03=HJPGauges!Wind, 0,169,154,38gauge04=HJPGauges!Altitude, 0,208,154,38gauge05=HJPGauges!SurfCond, 0,249,154,38gauge06=simicons!ATC Icon, 142,297,12,12gauge07=simicons!Map Icon, 116,297,12,12gauge08=simicons!Kneeboard Icon, 92,297,12,12Those that are preceded with HJPGauges!.... should be in the .cab file in question (HJPGauges). Open the cab and verify that ClockDMERadio2.xml and ClockDMERadio2_display.bmp is there.Milton

Hi Milton,Thanks again for the quick response.I'm running the original version of Win98. I checked the panel.cfg and the .cab file. All the files you listed are on my computer, in their proper places (I installed as per the instructions). I'm using FS2K2 Pro.Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Scott,Can you post a picture of the "cab file" opened in explorer?Thanks,Scott (N101ST)...tis is gonna get confusing...all these Scotts! LOL!

Greetings Scott,How about if I email the pic to you directly? I saved it, but it's a little larger than the 125kb allowed for uploading pics. My email is nodak@buffalocity.netThanks for your time and help with this!Yes, good thing there isn't another "Scott" or two in this thread ;-)Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

Scott Cebula