Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

FS Global 2005 SE, or the latest version ?

Hi All,I have FS Global SE 2005, and noticed that there is a newer version out now that was on the front page of Avsim.What I was wondering was, will I see improvements etc by getting rid of the older one and installing the new version.I'm not trying to be tight, but you know what I mean. I just don't want to spend the money just for the sake of it.But if anyone has noticed better visuals and improvements etc, then I will grab it ASAP.Thanks for any feed back on this.

>Hi All,>>I have FS Global SE 2005, and noticed that there is a newer>version out now that was on the front page of Avsim.>>What I was wondering was, will I see improvements etc by>getting rid of the older one and installing the new version.>>I'm not trying to be tight, but you know what I mean. I just>don't want to spend the money just for the sake of it.>>But if anyone has noticed better visuals and improvements etc,>then I will grab it ASAP.>>Thanks for any feed back on this.HelloI dont think thats being "tight" i think thats being sensible.I also have the original FS Global SE and I would like to know if there are any reasons for me to upgrade.In my case I AM being mizzerly, mizerly and TIGHT.:-) :-) CHEERS Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Thanks Andy.Does anyone else know any more about this please.is the New version really that good, or is it just a bit of the same.Thanks.

Hi All,I don't like to re-hash this, but can anyone please give me their opinion on this please.IE Would we be wasting our money, Or is there really an improvement over the old version with this new version.Many Thanks.

anyone at all !Surely there must be someone out there that has the new version who also had the old version ?Thanks.

Guest ThrottleUp

This is taken from a description of the product on Flight1 site: FS Global 2008 is an all new product using the very latest SRTM data (released by NASA in late 2006) plus additional data from various sources. Resolution in some parts has been improved to 19m. This is 4 times better than FS Global 2005 and up to 63 times better than the default Flight Simulator terrain data.Also you might find this site useful:http://fsim.net/fsglobalx//FSG_Vergleich.htm

It comes with separate installs for both.I have the FS9 version and it looks good. I did upgrade from the 2005 version and it seems to look better flying around Spain, Switzerland, etc.I also insured that all of the 2005 mesh was removed from the PC.Note that some editing of fs9.cfg may be required to get the best detail regarding terrain parameters. Pilot's website has a forum and Q&A section with additional details.

I just purchased the complete set of mesh for FS2004 from FS Genesis but have just installed the #2 DVD, USA. It looks GREAT !!!! I'm wondering if some of the locations in FS Global 2008 has better resolution for some ares than the older FS Genesis and maybe to get the best of everything I should also buy and install FS Global 2008 and the FS Genesis. What do you think? Would they both work togater to give me the best world wide mesh possible. jerrycwo4