Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Can't get "IFR Clearance" when using FSNav

When I'm using FSNAvigator for my flightplan, I click on the ATC window to get my clearance, but I only get generic VFR clearance to either taxi 'straight out', take off the west...etc" I don't get clearance to my destination city. This is a recent development. Even if I tune manually to the 'clearance delivery' frequency, I can't get the option to obtain 'clearance'. Can someone help?Thanks

You must first export your flight plan to disk in FS2004 format, then load it using the FS flight planner menu.

Graeme Butler

I did all that. It has been working. It just recently stopped.I check FSNav and FS9 and the plans are all there.

I've used FSnav for years. I dont recall it EVER giving me an option to choose where I want to go IFR clearance to a particular city. In fact my Fsnav has never interacted with ATC at all. I can load a FS flight plan and choose a completely different flight plan in Fsnav and FS never knows the difference. I could be way off on this and maybe I don't even know how to use it and I dont fly IFR much. But I surely have never seen it offer direct clearance in the ATC screen. How did you get it to do that? What checkbox in Fsnav would I look for?Lucy

Lucy,You'd have to use "Plan > Export" in FSnav and export it which creates a .PLN file similar to the ones the default flight planner makes. Then in the sim you'd have to load this .PLN, after which it would show up in the GPS and ATC should then interact with it.No clue why your's isn't working Speedbyrd, hope you get it figured out soon.Jim

>I've used FSnav for years. I dont recall it EVER giving me an>option to choose where I want to go IFR clearance to a>particular city. In fact my Fsnav has never interacted with>ATC at all. I can load a FS flight plan and choose a>completely different flight plan in Fsnav and FS never knows>the difference.> I could be way off on this and maybe I don't even know how to>use it and I dont fly IFR much. But I surely have never seen>it offer direct clearance in the ATC screen. How did you get>it to do that? What checkbox in Fsnav would I look for?>>LucyIt isn't FSNAV that gives the option it's FS ATC. I'm just using and FSNAV flightplan.

When you export the flight plan to FS9 from FSNav, when you name it are starting with the letters IFR?

I have found it's the only way that FS2004 has ever recognized my FSNav generated flight plans as IFR.

It's just as well. When I am able to get IFR Clearance, the plane will not be come airborne, no matter what I do. This will remain a puzzle until it hits me one day. When I do generic VFR clearance, she flies just fine.

Guest Sunny9850

When you export the plan to FS2004 the name should not matter as far as the IFR no IFR option goes. I have used FSNav with the same file name for all my FSE flights for a long time now and can go VFR or IFR on the same name.1. When you load the flightplan in FS itself...is the IFR checkbox on that plan hecked or not ??2. In the ATC window sometimes the option to get IFR clearance is not available until you select the option to get taxi for Take-off. Once that is selected you should get the option to get ATIS and go to Clearance Delivery.Why an airplane would get flying VFR and not IFR I can't imagine since there is nothing that changes the information in the airfile or cfg file.

All I can tell you is that's the quickest way I've found -- renaming the flight plan with IFR, just like FS9 names a saved IFR flight. It works, it's easy, and I haven't spent a ton of time trying to figure out why my FSNav isn't playing well with ATC. I never argue with good results.

>When you export the plan to FS2004 the name should not matter>as far as the IFR no IFR option goes. I have used FSNav with>the same file name for all my FSE flights for a long time now>and can go VFR or IFR on the same name.>>1. When you load the flightplan in FS itself...is the IFR>checkbox on that plan hecked or not ??>2. In the ATC window sometimes the option to get IFR clearance>is not available until you select the option to get taxi for>Take-off. Once that is selected you should get the option to>get ATIS and go to Clearance Delivery.>>Why an airplane would get flying VFR and not IFR I can't>imagine since there is nothing that changes the information in>the airfile or cfg file. Hello I reckon you are on the right track.Thats the best explanation i have heard so far.In fact i am sure i have done that myself(ie had VFR checked not IFR)cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077