Sign in to follow this  
borisvp

Permanent change of default spot view options

Hello,is there a way to permanently change the default options for the spot view window?I use this view for PB and taxi as an additional view (small window in the corner of the screen), and every time I open this window it comes up in a certain, preset position, size, view angle etc.Where does FS save these presets? It's not the default flight, though...Thanks and regardsBoris

I think you need to make the changes you like, then save that situation and check the box that makes it the default flight.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Hi,this is what I already tried, but it works only as long as the additional view window is open on the screen. When I close and re-open it, it has the default settings again.Boris

I have been looking for this for 10 years. In the "spot" view, every aircraft comes up in a certain "size" which is controled in the "view" section at the top of the screen when you key, "ALT" It will be listed as a certain number of FEET. You can make your aircraft appear to be larger if you make the FEET smaller' i.e. change 135 feet to 100 feet or make the aircraft appear smaller if you'd make the 135 feet, say 180 feet. I have a 22 inch monitor and I make my aircraft have a wing span of the approx distance of the distance between my little finger and my index finger when they are spread appart. Most aircraft NEVER load up to this size and I almost always have to change them to my desired size... you MUST be in the "spot" or outside view to do this. If I could find where these "default" values were kept I could set the distances where I wanted them and then I would not have to resize my aircraft every time I loaded one on the up. Where is location? $64,000 question ! jerrycwo4

Guest Mike_Luchia

I believe the location is in either the .mdl file or the .air file. Back in either FS 2000 or FS 2002 there was a program that allowed you to change the default view distance of individual aircraft at startup but I don't believe it is still functional in 2004 or FSX.

Yes, the default spot view "distance" is controlled by the .mdl's "radius". Flightsim Manager can adjust a model's default radius, you right click the aircraft in the list and choose "edit aircraft', then the model's radius is adjusted on the "special" tab.The free Flight1 view utility will allow you to adjust spot view distance in spot view by rolling your mouse wheel. Google it.On the original question re secondary spot view window location and size, Boris, have you considered a "gauge" on a seperate panel window pop-up? The default Spirit of St Louis contains an example of this in it's periscope view gauge. I haven't tried it yet, but I've always meant to try making a gauge using this technique that would simulate the TV monitor spot view screens you see on RW airliner panels.Jim