Sign in to follow this  
Guest garysaunders

Creating Multiple desktop icons

Guest garysaunders

Can anyone help with this?I would like to have two desktop icons for FS2004 which operate differently.I would like to have one for normal flying but the other to open with the Default aircraft as trafficviewboard.How do I set up the command line in the shortcut to do this?How do you save different default aircraft configurations?

First you'd have to save a flight with the traffic view board loaded, then you could go about it 2 ways:1. Make an icon that simply loads this saved flight. This method loads you straight to the flight bypassing all the "Select a flight", Create a flight" GUI stuff. For this you'd add a switch like this in the target field of the shortcut's properties:"...Flight Simulator 9fs9.exe" /FLT:"[DRIVE]:Documents and Settings[USER]My DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesTraffic Board.FLT"2. First backup your existing fs9.cfg, start the sim and set the traffic board flight as your default flight, close the sim and rename this fs9.CFG something like "Traffic Board.CFG" and move your backed up copy back into the folder (still with the name "fs9.CFG"). Next make a shortcut to specify your alternate .cfg. This will start the sim normally taking you to the GUI where you may select your starting airport, weather, time and season, etc but with the traffic board as the default aircraft. Add a switch like this:"...Flight Simulator 9fs9.exe" /CFG:"[DRIVE]:Documents and Settings[USER]Application DataMicrosoftFS9Traffic Board.CFG"Double clicking your original desktop icon will still load the sim with the original fs9.CFG. In both cases note the space between fs9.exe" and the switch.Also check out my page on multiple .cfgs for more info:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/multiple_cfgs.htmlGood luck,Jim

Guest garysaunders

Thanks Jim for the quick response. It is a bit late now in Oz but will try it first thing tomorrow. Looking foward to checking out your website too.Gary