Sign in to follow this  
argeme

FS9 - Vista and stutters

HiI have fs9 installed on a maschine with vista. The framerate is very good but I have a lot of stuttering.I wonder why ??The stuttering occurs mainly on and close to the ground. At high altitudes it runs very smooth. But again - the FPS is very good (more than 40 all the time)Can anyone help ?specifications:Vista home premium 32 bitintel core 2duo e6600 prhardd: 500 gb2048 mb ddr-2 (2*1024)nvidia geforce 8800 gts Thanks

If the stutters occur during ATC conversations only, then you can eliminate them by setting sound quality to medium. I had this particular problem.Art

Art

thanks for answer.It occurs close to or on ground but has nothing to do with ATC conversations. Anyway, it drives me crazy :(

Did you turn indexing, antiviruses and similar off? Disabled unneeded services (Black Viper's website)...

Guest TomOOO

Stutters can be caused in general by the system waiting for IO. This wait can be for disk IO (defrag your disk), IO waits on GPU memory : you don't have enough memory on your cardfor all the fancy stuff : AA, AF, Vista Areo (whatever its called).Turn off the fancy stuff in Vista, reduce your AA/AFMain memory waits for IO : if your computer does not have enough memory,Vista uses lots of memory, you need to add 0.5Gbyte of main memoryfor Vista over XP. 2Gbyte from your signature should be OK unlessyou have a difficult addon (plane/scenery).FSB speed : Stutters can be caused because the front side bus (andmemory) is too slow. I think I saw 667Mhz on your memory - this isa bit slow for FSX, but normally OK for FS9. In this case the viewjust has to wait for the large amounts of data to flow around - particularly from CPU to GPU. You need to reduce quality of viewuntil this goes away.What is the memory size for you GPU, do you have the Areo interface on.

Thanks for answers.How do I turn the Aero interface on - is it supposed to be on ? What is it ?The problem occurs whether the settings are high or very low. Its not in the cloud, but only when close to the ground textures.,

The Aero interface is Windows pretty new semi-transparent window display. Your computer should be able to handle it okay.Have you made advanced settings for your video card in the nVida Control Panel? I have experienced problems with some of these settings using the same video card as you.Art

Art

thanskWell, I use the Nhancer, but in the Nvidia control panel I dont really know. How do I check that ?By the way - the stuttering occurs mainly with ground textures (grass) and not buildings etc. This means that most of the screen runs smooth except the grpund. For example - when taxiing the buildings and runway runs smooth, but the grass next to the runway stutters terible. I have tried to change the detail1 file in the scenery/world/texture, but no difference. What else could I do ?

Okay you're describing something other than momentary stoppages in the entire display (stutters by my definition). This sounds like problems with displaying landclass textures, which is something in the program rather than a hardware or Vista problem. Right?

Art

Sorry friend. But I'm not sure I am visualizing what you're seeing, and I haven't been able to create a situation with fs9 sliders where the grass stutters and nothing else does while taxiiing on an airport. I think your earlier posts indicate that this also occurs when flying low over other terrain. It's like this is something happening with the landclass. Do you have any landclass addons?

Art