Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

FS9 ATC...anyway to get "flight #'s" right?

Hi,Is there anyway with default ATC to get flight numbers said correctly.Examples: UPS 2592HFS9 says:UPS two five niner two heavy (2592H)Anyway to get:UPS twenty-five nintety-two heavyThanks in advance!

With editvoicepak Kreg you can do pretty much anything you like. :)

Can it really do this? The underlying The undelying FS process may not permit it. The default method involves parseing a string and playing a sound for each character. What Kreg wants would requiring parsing the string in pairs of characters and playing a sound for each pair. It would have to distinguish between letters and numbers, cope with 11 - 19 as special cases, as well as dealing strings with an odd number of numbers. I'm not saying it can't be done; just doubting its practicality and would like to know if anyone has done it.

What I would do is create a custom callsign "UPS twenty-five nintety-two heavy" if it meant that much to me ;)

Hi,As Ed says, a custom call sign is the only way. We had this correct way back in FS98 (ProFlight98), and MS couldn't be bothered to make it work correctly in FS2002. Didn't fix it in FS2004 and didn't fix it in FSX...--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>What I would do is create a custom callsign "UPS twenty-five>nintety-two heavy" if it meant that much to me ;)I don't know that it means that much to me:P I was just wondering, and wishing for an easy fix!

>>What I would do is create a custom callsign "UPS>twenty-five>>nintety-two heavy" if it meant that much to me ;)>>I don't know that it means that much to me:P I was just>wondering, and wishing for an easy fix!Well you might like to try it Kreg ....you may well be surprised as to how easy it is to make a custom callsign....and end up fixing some others while you are at it. :-hah

>>>What I would do is create a custom callsign "UPS>>twenty-five>>>nintety-two heavy" if it meant that much to me ;)>>>>I don't know that it means that much to me:P I was just>>wondering, and wishing for an easy fix!>>Well you might like to try it Kreg ....you may well be>surprised as to how easy it is to make a custom>callsign....and end up fixing some others while you are at it.>:-hahWe'll See. I used the UPS one as it is the only "heavy" that flies where I live. I'll have to see when I get some more time :S