Sign in to follow this  
Guest DenhamPPL

Dreamfleet 727 - does it work with FS9.1 patch?

Guest DenhamPPL

HiHeard some people had problems installing the Dreamfleet / Flight1 Boeing 727 in FS2004 with the FS9.1 patch?Was going to buy but wanted to check first!Has anyone got this aircraft installed and running ok in FS9.1 on Windows XP?ThanksDenhamPPL

No problems here, been running it since shortly after its release and in 9.1. With Dreamfleet's reputation for little to no bug releases its actually funny you would ask about one of theirs. I would expect more difficulties from a number of other developers.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Add another to the list, working stellar here too with 9.1.....

Well I suppose me saying it works doesn't count for much, but I was under the impression the 727 was released after the 9.1 patch i.e everyone has always been using the 727 in FS9.1.I'm also not sure where you may have heard about a problem, a search of both this forum and the Dreamfleet 727 forum didn't turn up anything.......but regardless, I'm happy to see the 727 being discussed ;-)Greatest Airliners - DC-8Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjethttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Where are you guys with FSX? Man it's lonely out there on the FSX decent 727 front at the moment!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Where are you guys with FSX? Man it's lonely out there on>the FSX decent 727 front at the moment!>>GaryIt's lonely on FSX Gary, because not many have bitten the bullit.Apart from the MAAMsim DC3, how many of your listed add-ons you proudly advertise in your signature, work in FSX? LOL

Dave Taylor gb.png

The reason many haven't bitten the bullit is because it takes a while to chew. The more complex the add-on and the more that was done outside the SDK, the longer it takes to do it all again for FSX............but when developers start to release the true FSX versions :-jumpyFor what it's worth, I haven't started FS9 for months now and with FEX released, I'm more than happy using my 727, DC-8 and A400M in FSX.Suppose these things will need to be shared at some point ;-)Greatest Airliners - DC-8Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjethttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

but when developers start to>release the true FSX versions :-jumpy.........We'll all be looking at FS-11 ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

I've more than happy with FS9 for so long I have seen little reason to change at least until my favorite products made the migration or something so stellar came out that I just "had" to switch. An awesome DC-8 would do that I think. I hate thinking about configuring FSX with all my stuff. Ugh.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Hi altstiff,Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I noticed your computer specs in your signature. With the setup you have, how do the gauges in the Dreamfleet 727's virtual cockpit perform? I'll be updating my computer around the end of the year, and I'm interested to hear what you, or anyone with a comparable system, have experienced in this regard? Thanks!Mike A.

I use the steam gauges mainly. I think the DF727 is limited in V/C gauge refresh rate anyway, no matter what the system, not like some other stuff (like PMDG).They could be better, but they are no different than they were on my old P4 3.4 system.Feel free to PM me if you have any questions reguarding my system. I used to have a P4 3.4GHZ @ 800fsb and 256mb 7800GT video card.

Another very happy customer on 9.1 here....Paul, yea, the B727 hasn't been discussed all that much, in fact it seems to me that it was one of the most overlooked releases in general! It must be one of the best bug-free releases ever and one of the loveliest add-ons for FS9. Contrary to attempts of certain others. I still ache over a certain half baked four engine jet, a close relative of your 727. :)Maybe you should build in a few bugs in the DC-8, so people talk about it and then issue a patch. Or two. Or three. ;)Oh and while I'm here... I, too, am sticking to FS9.1. Installed FSX, plunged right into it and after two months of constant tweaking, I lost my disks in a RAID 0 accident. Never bothered to reinstall the sucker. Regards,Jure