Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

What if you're a Neat Freak?

Did'ja ever try to keep your Addon scenery Alphabeticly? Now Windows Explorer does it automatically when renaming or adding a file to your list. But Flight Sinulator takes this info and puts it at the top of the list and allows you to select the level you want to place it. You can move it UP or Move it Down, but only one line at a time. It just Kills me to have to hit the Move down Tab continuosly to get Airport X01 to it's place in the Roster 250 times. Couldn't we have a Page Down Key to speed up the Process? There Now, I have spouted my Venom about Microsoft and I feel relieved. I haven't checked out FSX yet. Is it the Same? Please some Genius add a Page Down / Page Up Utility to the Program. Bill, of the callused Finger.:( :( :(

Many add on sceneries require a specific order to work properly so keep your desktop and room neat and clean, your add on scenery ordered like it was designed.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Yes, FSX is the same, and for good reason.You must maintain proper priorities for some of your add-on sceneries to display correctly, thus simply organizing then alphabetically could create a real mess. In general, you should not reorganize the layering of the 'default' scenery directories, and mostly all add-on scenery should be installed 'above' it. Then you get into programs like Ultimate Terrain (as example) which are somewhere in the middle.For the most part, I organize mine by region, and always allow the scenery I want to take priority be above others, or that needs to be above another to work correctly, i.e. scenery over landclass over mesh, etc.BTW, within the scenery page of FS, if you highlight the directory you want to move, you can scroll it down (or up) quickly by using the 'up and down' (pg up/pg dn) arrows I believe. At least I do all the time. Or may be its hitting the down button once, then the enter key...can't remember, but I do it ;)

Oh Gentlemen! I'm well aware of the scenery priorities. Nevertheless, with those sceneries I can organize, I would like it to be a less key stroke operation. "Bad Microsoft, Bad!"Bill

Having just reformatted my drive and reinstalling everything.I have again adopted the organized scenery list.Having them list as:CYVR VancouverESSA Stockholm ArlandoKSFO San Fransisco and so on.Having also installed UT Canada ,USA & Europe as well as FSGenesisyou do have to be aware of priorities, but it does work."At least I do all the time. Or may be its hitting the down button once, then the enter key...can't remember"This is how I do it also, works great.cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

FS Manager will solve all your problems. You can reprioritze, change the sort, etc. Note that you have to use one of several available work arounds to bypass the data checker in FSM.scott s..

Guest H_Kev55

>Oh Gentlemen! I'm well aware of the scenery priorities.>Nevertheless, with those sceneries I can organize, I would>like it to be a less key stroke operation. "Bad Microsoft,>Bad!">>BillI'm not at home at the moment, but if I recall, the U button moves scenerys up the ladder.Simpley highlight the scenery you want to move and hold down on the U button and the scenery will scroll upwards. 1 keystroke, held down till you get where you're going.KJ

Highlight the scenery in FS and move up or down with mouse click as desired, then hit the "enter" key on the keyboard, notice the scenery going up/down?I wore a mouse out beofre I figured that one out, but I'm not the smartest guy......

Altstiff: Yep! Thats the way it's done Al. I don't remember seeing this in the Manual, but then It's been gathering Dust since I bought it. Another of life's little annoyances solved. Thanks!Bill