Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

FS9 error I have never seen before - can you help?

Guest ThrottleUp

Fellow simmers, the screenshot says it all:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...Up/ErrorFS9.pngThis happens when I try and begin a flight from Christchurch, New Zealand (NZCH). I have created a flight plan to fly from Christchurch-Queensland. Each time I try and load the flight the above error appears. Even though I *know* the plane is clearly parked at the gate and is not in conflict with any other object :(I do have a way of getting around it - I just load a flight on the runway at NZCH and then slew the plane into postion at the gate.I make sure its not touching anything and then resave the flight.I can now fly if I want to.However if I reload the flight then..you guessed it :(I have run the Fault Finder function in the AFCAD program on NZCH and it has found no problems.Please can you suggest how to fix it? Thanks very much.

This is the old 'invisible object' trick! Somewhere in the area is a scenery object that is projecting beyond visible limits. Your workaround is a good approach to the problem. If you are running an addon scenery, try turning it off and going to the area again - if the problem goes away, that scenery is at fault. If you are using the stock scenery then you've found a 'feature'.DJ

Guest rwrea

Also, u might disable "allow crash"" in Realism settings....

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks guys for your input :)ubersu - thats very interesting the invisible thing didnt cross my mind! I wonder what it is and wish I had some kind of program that would show it up. The really odd thing is that for last year or so NZCH has been just fine. This problem appeared a day ago.Im convinced theres little green FS9 gremlins running around inside that Dell of mine.

Generally, that sudden appearance means that something has changed. Have you installed any addons at all recently (since you last flew there, really...)?DJ

Guest crotiusf16

www.byteforge.comAddit for FS2004A GREAT APP, I LOVE IT.Corrie