Sign in to follow this  
Guest IANTATTON08

AI Smooth

Guest IANTATTON08

does any body know how to release aircraft that are being held by ai smooth or what settings i need to adjust inorder that aircraft that are in the hold are released and allowed to land.At the moment ai smooth allows some aircraft to land but once an aircraft is in the hold it does not appear to be released

If an aircraft is first to enter a pattern, it is not necessarily the first to exit it. It could very well be that the last aircraft to enter the hold is the first to land.

Mike...

Guest IANTATTON08

I UNDERSTANDHOWEVER I AM SURE THAT THERE MUST BE SOME SETTING OR VALUE THAT WILL RELEASE THE AIRCRAFT QUICKER THAN THEY ARE BEING RELEASED AT PRESENT IN MY CASE SOME AIRCRAFT ARE PUT IN THE HOLD AND NEVER MAKE IT TO THE AIRPORT I THINK THEY EITHER TIME OUT OR RUN OUT OF FUELIT IS VERY FRUSTRATING WATCHING AN AIRCRAFT DOING CIRCLES 10 MILES AWAY FROM THE AIRPORT

Please turn off your Caps Lock. The use of all caps is considered shouting on the net and as in real life rude.If there was a value, I would've mentioned it. Unfortunately, there's nothing to tweak to fix this. The behavior is described in the documentation that comes with AI Smooth and no solution is given. Perhaps a future version will offer improvements. In the mean time, you'll have to determine for yourself if the pros outweigh the cons. At least in my personal experience, it helps. ;-)

Mike...

In its earlier version I found (info from forum posts here) I found that if respond to user aircraft was enabled and you were aircraft spotting parked within a medium range of the runway, AI would be held forever.Try running with that setting off.To make landing AI more efficient in clearing the runway to increase the AI landing frequency, get from the libraries here FS9 Configurator by Ken Salter in the libraries here. It includes a taxi speed utility that works with FS9 so you can raise the AI taxi speed just a little bit. They then should clear the runway faster.

Guest IANTATTON08

Thanks I will give it a try sorry about the caps lock I did not intend to be rude