Sign in to follow this  
rmk2005

Few arrivals-lots of pop-ups

Hi all, does anyone know how to get AI flights to actually land rather than just appear at the gate?. I find that 90% of my AI pops up rather than lands. Thanks in advance Ren

Thanks for your reply, but the planes do not disappear after landing ( as is the case if not siutable gates are available), most just spontaneously appear at the gates. Those that land do indeed taxy to the gates

All Flights have to originate someplace. Pick a flight. If you know how to use Traffic tools, decompile the flightplan and see if indeed it does originate at your airport. If not, it still comes down to not enough parking or or maybe missing taxi links enabling aircraft to get to the parking spots. I've had popups when there wasn't enough or the proper parking at other originating airports. Are these aircraft a part of an addon Airline traffic plan or one of your own? there's always an answer. Sometimes you have to dig deep.Bill

I use to get it all the time until I changed the aircraft speed in the aircraft.txt file of the flightplans to 200 or less.

>I use to get it all the time until I changed the aircraft>speed in the aircraft.txt file of the flightplans to 200 or>less. Thankyou, almost at the point of a dreaded re-install too. Now have more approaches than I know what to do with!!, may even install AISmooth. Once again thanks

Al, you mean you changed the speed of every aircraft in the aircraft.txt file that had a cruise speed of over 200 knots to under 200 knots ?example:AC#1,477,"PAI F50 RIAU"AC#2,243,"PAI AT43 Air Antilles Express"AC#3,454,"AI Airbus A320 ABY"AC#1 from 477 to under 200AC#1 from 243 to under 200AC#1 from 454 to under 200JimCYWG

Must have been due Dilligence my Friend, accompanied by Grim Determination. Of course if it was only default aircraft, the task would only take a couple of Months of full work days. We must not Mock another Mans efforts. Onward and Upward!Bill :( :( :(

Guest PARADISE

Are you running multiple flight plans? For example, are you using Ultimate Traffic and then adding flight plans from World of AI? If so, you have to delete one of the airlines' flight plans otherwise you get double schedules, ie- the same flights twice, thus doubling you AI traffic.John

Hi,Ideally you should not make them all the same speed - they will all show up in a big bunch after FS loading. Vary the speeds between 100 and 250 knots (i.e. slow aircraft (150-250 kts) become 100-150 kts, fast aircraft (300-450 kts) become 150-250 kts).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___