Sign in to follow this  
enyap

Something for those with slow computers

I'm still using a P2.4 which although challenged works well enough for FS2004 if I'm not too demanding and even allows me to use some of the more advanced addons. Recently however the PMDG 737 has been going very slowly in terms of frame rates. Previously I would get in the mid teens on average but it's been dropping into single figures which is pretty useless. Another older post caught my eye about .dlls in the modules folder. Apparently each one is loaded whether needed or not at startup. I thought I try moving the ones I wouldn't need for the PMDG 737 into another folder, there were 21, all from different addons. I restarted FS9 and tried a flight with the PMDG 737. The frame rates were transformed, locked at 25, they were consistently around that figure, only dropping when descending through heavy cloud, but still in the mid teens. I'm over the moon with this and can't wait to try it with other planes, such as the Level D.John

Guest JTEK99

I'm super-curious as to which ones you removed. Would you perchance have a list?

Basically any non Microsoft dlls that I knew I wouldn't use for the PMDG 737. Here's a screenie of the backup folder. If you remove one that FS9 needs it just refuses to start and gives an error message detailing which one is missing.John

Interesting post - thanks for that; although I'm even 'slower' than you at 2gHz!The only module I have that's in your screenie is FDSConnection, which is used by Lee Hetherington's TCASII in most of my jets, so that needs to stay active. I'll have a look to see what else is there.;)

John, I don't see any acft names on any of the .dll's. How do you know which ones to remove? What would you remove and/or leave in for the Level-D B767 ? jerrycwo4

LVLD.dll is for the Level D, I assume. SSTSIM.dll the Concorde. SWLSafir.dll, FLT1PIPERM.DLL, C421NJ6.dll and maybe AeroCore.dll are aircraft related. PMDGOptions.DLL which I left is obvious. You can guess which are Microsoft dlls by the dates, most, if not all, of mine have a date of 13/06/2003 (English date system), I'm not sure if that's when I originally installed FS9 or they're the MS dates, but it's a clue to what you can take out. You'll have to experiment like me, the worst that can happen is that something won't work and you'll have to restart FS9.John

Guest JeanLuc_

I can identify some of them, since I've developped them:FLT1PIPERM.DLL is for the Flight Piper Meridian. This one should take no CPU at all, nor alter FPS in any way, although, you never know about interactions with other modules/gauges.RXPFLS.DLL is for v2 of the Reality XP gauges, and should not be needed anymore if you have all in v5. However, it is of use for the Meridian only. It should not take any resources as wellRxpSrv.DLL is the shared services for all Reality XP V5 gauges. It is in use only when you have a Reality XP gauge loaded, otherwise, it just sits and does not do anything.I wonder if you put these 3 back, if your FPS stays still up. Maybe you can help further pin point which module(s) is(are) the one(s) that actually impacted the FPS. It can help other users, and the developpers as well.

John- you might want to try the FS command "Refresh Scenery" when frame rates start to drop. Works wonders for me- I have it mapped to the Pause/Break key- FS stops momentarily then resumes at full FPS. Very useful prior to landing.PMDG 737 runs well on my sys - AMD 1.8,triple GeForceFX5200 cards with three views displayed over triple monitors (LFwd,Fwd,RFwd) for a 180