Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jet Ranger

Cant "speak" to ATC

Guest Jet Ranger

I dont know whats happened but it doesnt matter what Aircraft Im in or at what Airport I can No longer contact ATC, I can hear them & "talk" to them; well they know Im contacting them, but theres no verbal request from me ie: No spoken command, it was working perfectly fine yesterday until today (15/10/07) the only thing I can think of is I imported an add on voice file for Edit voice pack & updated it & saved it since then Ive had this problem, Ive uninstalled Edit voice pack deleted my FS9 Config file but still this problem persists does anyone know why this has happened & is there something I can do to fix it. :-zhelp

Guest Jet Ranger

I finally managed to get my pilot to speak to ATC however ATC no longer talk back to me, I have the text in the atc dialogue box but no ATC voice now??? another strange thing I also found that my pilot voices appear to be doubled up (see attachment) theres 2 of all the voices ie: pilot voice 1pilot voice 1pilot voice 2pilot voice 2, etc etcif you select the 2nd voice out of the 2 there appears to be no sound choosing the first in the list theres sound ie:pilot voice 1 ------- soundpilot voice 1 ------- no sound this is the same for all the (2nd) lot of voices, I dont understand why theres 2 of these or how they came to get doubled up, but I dont see why ATC no longer verbally talk to me. any suggestions?? I have tries a full system restore to when I know everything worked fine & still have the same problem.

HelloIf you open edit voicepak and run the opdate voicepak option,can you say what happens?(I think it should come up with an error message after a while if so what does it say?)PS i use editvoicepak and its a great addon so the problem is probably not that.Plus you almost certainly dont have to do a reinstall.I think it might be something to do with a file called USEnglishBig.gvp(YOUR TEN PILOT VOICES)in your main FS9 sound folderif it is then it should be easy(hopefully to fix)PS i am no expert but i reckon its on these lines.your USEnglishBig.gvp may have become corrupted and its easy to reinstall the original.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest Jet Ranger

Ive run the update on Editvoicepack it didnt come up with any error messages as such, just that some of the certain files needed would still be missing after update see attached picture. they appear in red how can I fix the file you mentioned could you email me a copy of yours please?

Okay i will try to e-mail it to you i am not sure about how i do this but let me know if you get it.If you dont i will tell you how to get from your fs9 disc.Remember it may not be this but it shouldnt do any harm anyway.cheers Andy

Guest Jet Ranger

I remembered I had downloaded a programme called Flusifix which identifies errors in the FS9 config file, I tried it & now I have both talking pilots & ATC again however I now have 3 male pilot voice 0 & 1 see pictures & 2 of others, why is this happening? how can I delete the duplicated ones? I am totally baffled by these extra voices suddenly appearing.

Hello Its all a bit confusing now ,but i am sure i have had this problem myself.If you want to try replacing the big GYP file this is what you do.......put FS9 disc 2 into your rom drive and use My computer to open or explore the disc you will find a zip file called"MsGAME5" In this you will find the 10voice file put that into your main FS sound folder and overite (you should perhaps back up the old one just in case)and see if that helps.cheers Andy

Guest Jet Ranger

Ive replaced the file you mentioned, but I still have the duplicated voices but only 1 of each voice actually works the duplicated ones appear to be silent, any idea how I can delete the duplicated ones?

I've never used editvoicepack but is there a chance that it makes a backup copy of "USEnglishBig.gvp" in the sound folder? I just did a quick experiment and created a "Copy of USEnglishBig.gvp" and the result was a duplicate set of pilot voices listed in the ATC settings just as your previous screenshot shows.Check your sound folder for *.gvp files. You should have 2, USEnglishBig.gvp and USEnglishASOS.gvp. Delete or move any others and my guess is your ATC interaction will return to normal. If not, replace the 2 files with the defaults from the installation disks.Jim

>I remembered I had downloaded a programme called Flusifix>which identifies errors in the FS9 config file, I tried it &>now I have both talking pilots & ATC again however I now have>3 male pilot voice 0 & 1 see pictures & 2 of others, why is>this happening? how can I delete the duplicated ones? I am>totally baffled by these extra voices suddenly appearing. As an aside to your query,i decided to take a look at Flusifix and what a great program it is.Simmers you should check it out.PS Jim i think is on the right track.cheers Andy