Sign in to follow this  
furia-spain

FS9.cfg file missing !! Need some guidance

I have a nice FS9 set up with plenty of sceneries and add ons, mostly payware airplanes and avionics and some weather tools.For some unknown reason the FS9.cfg file is missing from my computer.I searched on the usual folders and then I performed a full hard drive search. Nope. I searched several times but not to avail, it is not here.I have fs2000.cfg but not the FS9.cfgI detected this one year ago but my flight simulator was simply working fine so I saw no need to insist on this.However recently I am sufferent a fps perfomance on FS, I belive it has nothing to do with the missing FS9.cfg since this file was missing long ago before the pooor perfomance begun.I have read in some forums about a way to improve perfomance via the FS9.cfg.Any of you is missing as well that file and have a good working system? Any tip how to sort this out other than reinstalling FS2004?Anyway most of my troubles with FS came last weeks when I installed the new Forceware drivers for my GEFORCE 7800 GS-OC. Months ago I was having a regular 15 to 30 fps on FS2004.Now perfomance is fluctuating a lot going from moments of 50 to 60 fps to a bare 4 or 5 fps while landing.I have deteted that perfomance lowers when I load the VATSIM SQUAKBOX. However it is curious that when I am about to Take off the fps are still around 10 to 20 but they degrade after some flying time for a regular 8 to 9 while on 2D Cockpit while on cruise and some poor 4 to 6 fps when landing, that makes life very complicated.The latest Add on I installed was the Reality XP WX 500 Radar and the airplanes I do regularly fly are Flight 1 ATR 72-500, Dreamfleet 727, B-58, A-36, Wilco PIC 737 and Airbus Pack 1 plus Captain Sim C-130.I also use Active Sky.My system is a Pentium 4 2,8Mhz with 1 Giga RAM and the GEFORCE 7800 GS-OC of 256 mg.Any guidance, tips or suggestions would be truly welcomed

HelloYour CFG is not missing its just well hidden.This is quite a common query.You have to do thisclick on "my computer" "click on documents and settings"next click on your user account whatever that is if not sure just try all the accounts there Next click on "application data" in there should be a "Microsoft folder"click on that and in that should be an "FS9" folder and in that your CFG .(JOY UNBOUNDED)When you have done that create a shortcut to it on your desktop and Voil

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I finally found it although well hidded on a different folder name on my Spanish Windows.I will try to "finnetune" FS. Thanks a lot!!!!Anyway any other tips about perfomance for my case?

>I finally found it although well hidded on a different folder>name on my Spanish Windows.>I will try to "finnetune" FS. Thanks a lot!!!!>Anyway any other tips about perfomance for my case?Glad you found it.As for other tips here at AVSIM there are various other forums offering help you could look at those there is probably a Spanish users forum.I would suggest joining a VA there are always lots of people willing to help.Just finally on "drivers" my fs9 is working very well now and until i really have to do otherwise i wont bother about updating them(i always used to but never REALLY noticed any great performance increases anywayIf it ain't bust or flys well leave alone :-) PS Perhaps you could roll back your driver to the previous version and see if your performance goes back to what it was before.Any waycheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Thanks for the tips:After tweaking the cfg file I get a good perfomance around 20 to 30 fps however something strange is happening since if I log into VATSIm with the SQUAKBOX , when I load the SQUAKBOX then my perfomance is reduced by 50%. I guess is something related to have "extra windows".I will try to get some guidance about this. Thanks