Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Flight1 deserves a medal for its purchasing system

Guest ThrottleUp

After buying the download versions of FEX, Ultimate Terrain USA (FSX) & Ultimate Terrain Canada (FSX) I felt I just *had* to come on here and throw some praise at the Flight1 people. I hope they read this thread.I own the CD versions of UT Canada/Alaska & UT USA and a previous version of FE for FS9.Discounts are available for old customers of these programs and I duly downloaded the coupons.And everything just *works*. The F1 module detected the coupons verified the CD in the drive and *ping* I got my discount. All three times without fail.The purchasing part also went without a hitch.As far as Im concerned the F1 purchasing system puts everything else to shame and it just goes to show that it really is the simple no-nonsense approach that works best.Well done F1 and you can bet I'll return frequently to buy stuff :)

I'm an old and grumpy man, but I have to admit their policies are great. I purchased the CoolSky MD-80, only to realize it did not meet my expectations, asked for a refund and got one within 24 hours, no questions asked. I have purchased many items from them before and their support is great.

Yeah easily the most painless process and easiest. Maybe even a little too easy...

Flight 1 is my example of online software distribution and commerce done right. It even does coupons! :)It manages to maximize protection of both publisher and end user, while remaining convient to use.Contrast to, say, Valve's Steam service. I never liked Steam for a variety of reasons. Note I'm comparing the Apples part of the Orange.However, Steam via it's "spying" determined statistics to state that DX10 was hurting PC gaming, thus tickling my Microsoft itch. So it's all good now with me and Valve. :)

I too also agree...however, I have started specifically tying to buy at the AVSIM store to show support when possible.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

"Well done F1 and you can bet I'll return frequently to buy stuff :)"I haven't been posting much these days, but certainly Flight1 deserves this praise and a show of appreciation for an excellent system for purchasing add-ons for our hobby.Regards,John

Guest Yak Yak

>"Well done F1 and you can bet I'll return frequently to buy>stuff :)">>I haven't been posting much these days, but certainly Flight1>deserves this praise and a show of appreciation for an>excellent system for purchasing add-ons for our hobby.>>Regards,>>Johnyup, couldn't agree more. Flight1 definitely has the best purchasing method. Quick, easy, and always works.-feng

Hear! Hear!Flight One has far and away the best online purchasing system. Not only is it very easy to use, it's also a piece of cake to recover lost key files and reactivate old ones. Very quick, straightforward and painless!Not only that, their customer service is first rate! Some time ago I was forced to change ISPs due to circumstances beyond my control. I lost the use of the email address I had on all my Flight One orders, and Jim was fantastic in updating my order details and getting all my Flight One orders working for me in very short time, no hassle, no Spanish Inquisition type interrogation, just quick, courteous and efficient service!And..... on the one occasion I have availed myself of their 30 day no fuss refund policy, once again Flight One proved very efficient and courteous.Excellent work guys, you are an example to the rest.

Ditto all the above.Flight One is THE class act for online flight sim purchases. A few others come close and are also great to work with. Some are still using 1950's management styles ("We are right and YOU, the customer, are wrong.) and are WAY behind.But Flight One is, uh, Flight Simmers' Number One.Wilson