Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougy12

FS 9 Runs out of memory--wont start

Guest dougy12

Hi allCan you help, I am running Vista 32bit with 2.8 Ghz processer and 4 gb Ram, I have FSX and FS9 on the PC, They were both working fine, now all of a sudden I get the below message when I try to run FS9 ?The disk is a new one and has about 465GB free space ?FSX still works fine, any ideas? Screen Shot attachedPaul

hi pauli am having the same problemout of the blue it startedim running the same setup as above except i removed fsx i while backit gets to building scen configuration at 100 percent theni get an doesn't have enough mem to run i know thats not truei havent installed any recentlyive tried to adj the virtual mem and disk clean up and defraghave you solved your probim stucknick b

NICK BERARDI

AA-RET

Guest dougy12

Hi, yes think i have, i installed a couple of afcads that were made in AFX, have removed those and it now seem to work ok, i would look at if you have added any add on scenery?.Paul

paulwondering were is the best place to look for errant afcadsor is thier a program that will helpthanksnick berardi

NICK BERARDI

AA-RET

Guest dougy12

Hi Nickyes, there is a prog called scan afd, you can find it on avsmpaul

Guest Nick C

This has happened to me also and I'm seeing more reports of this on the forums. I found that by deleting all IE cookies (and I mean by going into the folder and doing this) then all is well again with FS9 for awhile. I'm wondering if an IE auto update has made things a little screwy?I'll be interested to know if this works for you as it works for me everytime.

not really sure about the cookies,i use mozilla,what i have done is move all my addon scenerys do a diff drive.started fs9 and no problemsim now in the process of moving my addon sceneries back 1 by one and see what causes the problemi will stay in touchthanks to allnick berardi

NICK BERARDI

AA-RET

Guest Nick C

I'm glad you're working your way to a solution Nick. I can't explain why my cookies effect FS9 although I know the sim does use IE, all I know is that if I get the out of memory error and then delete the cookies I can boot FS9 up straight away with no problems.Best of luck.

little by little im flying againmy scen config is a messdont know of any program that will fix itlittle by little im flyingthanksnick b

NICK BERARDI

AA-RET

Guest dougy12

Nicksee if you can find a program called flight sim manager by Rana hussein, should get it at avsim.if you do, you need to change your pc's date to about 2005. otherwise the program asks you to get a newer version, once you have run it and fixed your flt sim, change the date back again.There is an option in there to fiz scenery problems, check it and run the scan and tick the fix problem box, it will sort out the configs, its really good.Hope this helpsPaul

updatehave finally finished deleted all my scen from fs9,then started 1 by 1 to see what was going onin short,my simflyers atl scen was causing the probmade backups of my scen config file just finishing lhr-laxeverything ran at 100%thanks to everyone for thier helpnick b

NICK BERARDI

AA-RET