Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishlakejim

Saving window positions..... HELP?

Guest irishlakejim

I am using an aircraft in FS9 (don't know if I'm allowed to mention who or what it is !!) and when I undock the FMS window and move it to a 2nd monitor, it works just fine until I shutdown FS9 or change aircraft. When the FMS 'pops up' it is back in it's original position on my main monitor, instead of the 2nd one, where I initially dragged it.The aircraft software manufacturer states that this add-on does not save window positions.Is there someway that I can change a config file or something so that I CAN save the window position?I hope you understand what I am trying to ask!! Can anyone help me?Thanks...Jim

Jim- when you are happy with the layout of dragged views or popups on the monitors- Save the Flight. Next session- go to Saved Flights and it should reopen as you left it. Occasionally a saved flight will not reopen exactly as saved- sometimes a view is not the same and needs to be reset via num KB. Also Zoom will save 1 notch below its "saved" setting.(I simply bump up a Zoom value 1 point before saving a flight.) These are quite simple tweaks- sometimes including very minor repositioning of a popup. I do a standard Save Flight with each plane configured to my preferences, on triple monitors/triple views. Generally, I have a saved flight ready for takeoff and one cold & dark. Choose whichever suits the mood- then use GoTo for location, then weather etc. Works just fine with triple monitors. Hope you are into multi VIEWS and Widening Your Horizon!!!!Alex Reid CYYJ

Guest pclark36

Jim,You should be able to edit the window positions in the panel.cfg for the aircraft. I'm not sure what the prefix would be to aim it at say display 1 or display 2, but I'm sure it can be done. I'm not at my home computer where I could give this a test run, and find the way to aim it at different displays. Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg