Sign in to follow this  
Guest Helmsman

Moving around in virtual cockpit Query.

Guest Helmsman

I know you can move around in the vc by pressing keys like Ctrl+shift+Enter and what not, but you can only go so far before you can't go any further. And since i do not want to spend money for active camera, is there a way you can edit fs9 that will allow you to move furhter in the vc, so you can go in the cabin like on meljet aircraft?

I also use F1view but viewpoint movement still has a distance limitation, so for a larger cabin I simply provide myself with a couple of alternate "starting eyepoints" in the aircraft config file. Enable whichever is most appropriate, reload aircraft with assigned hotkey (set one if you haven't) and keep on flying.alternate eyepoints used in Falcon 50-Views-//eyepoint=15.70,-1.45,2.4 // original view//eyepoint=22.70,-1.40,2.4 // pilot's seat//eyepoint= 1.0, -1.40,2.4 // passenger lounge 1eyepoint= 5.0, 1.40,2.4 // passenger lounge 2(lounge 2 view)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179170.jpgLoyd

Guest ThrottleUp

There is no view-limit when using F1 View...you can scroll up. down, forward, back, left,right as much as you want. It can get rather tiresome when you have a large cabin like you mentioned cuz you have to scroll like mad! I turn the mouse upside down and run it along the table like a wheelbarrow :(But instead of setting eyepoints in the aircraft.cfg why not just set viewpoints in the panel.cfg? You will never have to keep reloading the plane and you can have 8 different views (using the numpad) instantly! For example you could set:numpad 1 = galleynumpad 4 = left wingnumpad 6 = right wingnumpad 8 = looking along the length of the cabin from the backetc..etc...Here are some views I set for an Embraer 135 which you could tweak for use with your Falcon.------------------------------------------------[views]VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_EYE=0.100, 0.000, -13.000VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=6.000, 0.000, 59.500VIEW_RIGHT_EYE=-0.500, 0.000, -9.000VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 100.000VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_EYE=0.800, 0.400, -4.000VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 124.500VIEW_REAR_EYE=1.300, 0.100, -9.000VIEW_REAR_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 270.000VIEW_REAR_LEFT_EYE=0.800, 0.400, -4.000VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 241.600VIEW_LEFT_EYE=1.300, 0.000, -9.000VIEW_LEFT_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 260.000VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_EYE=0.800, 0.000, -13.000VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=6.000, 0.000, 300.500------------------------------------------------I made them primarily as wingviews but they dont have to be that way, just change the # of degress (for example 90 will mean you are "looking" right, 290 forward left etc.

Loyd, you could assign those views in the panel.cfg and they'd be available on a key command rather than editing the acft.cfg and reloading the aircraft each time, plus you'd be able to vary the angle of view rather than being limited to looking straight ahead. Same idea as "wing views" but in this case they'd be "cabin views".These views are available but rarely used:[table border=0 cellspacing=0" cellpadding="0][tr][td]VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP[/td][td width=10] [/font][/td][td]numpad 5 + numpad 9[/td][/tr][tr][td]VIEW_RIGHT_UP[/td][td width=10] [/font][/td][td]numpad 5 + numpad 6[/td][/tr][tr][td]VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP[/td][td width=10] [/font][/td][td]numpad 5 + numpad 3[/td][/tr][tr][td]VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP[/td][td width=10] [/font][/td][td]numpad 5 + numpad 7[/td][/tr][tr][td]VIEW_LEFT_UP[/td][td width=10] [/font][/td][td]numpad 5 + numpad 4[/td][/tr][tr][td]VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP[/td][td width=10] [/font][/td][td]numpad 5 + numpad 1[/td][/tr][/table]There's probably also a VIEW_FORWARD_UP and VIEW_REAR_UP also, but I haven't tried those.For each view you can assign the view direction, eyepoint, and zoom. Here are some notes I came up with on what each number apparently does (I'm copying and pasting from a post I recently made in the panel forum):[Views]VIEW_LEFT_UP_DIR=45.0, 0.0, 271 //angle, degrees about axis: longitudinal (roll),lateral (pitch),vertical (yaw)VIEW_LEFT_UP_EYE=-0.15, 0.00, 0.00 // -left +right,-down +up,-back +fwd VIEW_LEFT_UP_ZOOM=0.75 //self explanitoryThis view is for the default FS9 Skyhawk and is available by pressing numpad 4 while holding numpad 5. It looks 45