Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

What stuff is on the way for FS9?

I was just wondering what stuff is currently in development for FS9?Off the top of my head I can think of:PMDG MD-11 (very glad they reconsidered their decision to make this FSX only)Wilco/Feelthere Airbus Volume 2 A330/A340Airsimmer A320 (haven't heard much in a looooong time)Airliner XP A320 (looks like we won't see this until well into next year now!)Eaglesoft Citation XDreamfleet Piper DakotaDreamfleet DC-8 (not sure if this will be FS9... haven't heard anything about it in a long time!)Digital Aviation Fokker 100 (at least I hope it will be FS9!)FSD Lockheed Jetstar (seems to have been in development for ages now!)Various UK2000 Extreme sceneries are on the way too.That's all I can think of right now. I really wish the Level D 757 was going to be available for FS9, and also the Aerosoft Catalina (in fact I wish Aerosoft would go back and re-do the VC in their FS9 Beaver to a similar standard as the FSX one).I'd also really like to see David Maltby get round to re-doing his VC10 and adding a virtual cockpit as he has done with his brilliand BAC 1-11, Trident and Comet.

>>I'd also really like to see David Maltby get round to re-doing>his VC10 and adding a virtual cockpit as he has done with his>brilliand BAC 1-11, Trident and Comet.WHy not try David Chester's wonderful VC-10 then?Look for 'Addictive Simulations'. The VC view is as good as the 2D and it comes with many textures too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I cant remember who exactly but I believe there is an MU-2 in the works, But I could be wrong, Maybe I was just dreaming or hoping lol.I would love an Mu-2.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest DreamFleet

Yes indeed, DreamFleet Piper Dakota (my real plane) and now, Turbo Dakota (just added it last week and are working on the "turbo" nose for it). We're also trying to get them into FSX at the same time we release for FS9, thus the delay in their release, as we now have to deal with SP2 / Acceleration which has caused gauge issues with our Reality XP gauges. Just had to deal with another one tonight with SP2.We also have the Piper Arrow III and IV turbos planned, and maybe even the Arrow III and IV normally aspirated versions too. FSD is doing an MU2 last time I checked. :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrgh ...that dreaded line! :-grr"We're also trying to get them into FSX at the same time we release for FS9, thus the delay in their release"Please release FS9 products when they are ready. FSX can wait until it is ready. :)

As with most things Mr.Picasso says, I'm with Ed on this one too ;)

I am slowly progressing through the development of some airports for FS9 if anyone cares to know...before I turn my attention to FSX.I know it is taking a very loooonngg time but can only do so much with the time at hand.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I have to agree with Ed here. If the FS9 version is ready please release it instead of holding things up for FSX.I'm no expert on these matters, but wouldn't it ease the burden of support if you staggered released of different versions, i.e. release the FS9 version first (assuming it's ready), deal with any support issues for that version, and once any problems have been ironed out release the FSX version.You might even find positive feedback from the FS9 version will be good for sales of the FSX version.As a very famous comedy character in the UK famously says:"You know it makes sense!"

Great news Shez! I've always enjoyed your airports.Can you tell us what you're working on?

KHOU and KPHL, some smaller stuff.Attached is a pic of the building geometry for KPHL.Shezhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179285.jpg

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest Camsdad

I'm waiting for the Dream Fleet DC-8The PMDG MD-11 I was looking forward too. I'm not sure if I'm going to purchase it though. This project started back in FS2002 with it being freeware. Microsoft have done 2 more versions of FS, and operating system and Boeing and Airbus have built thousands of real planes but yet this isn't done and no word about progress. I'll stick with the IFDG and overland MD-11 with the Alain Capt. Panel

Guest JeanLuc_

It sounds better this way effectively, if you consider development of the FSX version as an "update" to the FS9 version in some ways. However, if you have missed the many information released about it during the last 6 months, we have been working in our Gauge X Treme framework, which replaces the SDK, in order to have many more features (even impossible features per-sdk limits), such as custom color with alpha transparency mouse cursors, support for ultra high resolution gauge bitmaps in 32 bits (the released Wx500 Weather Radar for FSX main bitmap is in the range of 1900x1900 pixels....), support for alpha blending (real time shadows and highlights), entirely C++ oriented gauge development with all elements created at runtime (instead of staticaly set in the code with the SDK). This last one permits creating a gauge when the code runs, so it permits polymorphic gauges, i.e. FS does not even know what kind of gauge it is besides its name in the panel.cfg file (like in the FLT and FLN, where the gauge is "airspeed" but an external configuration file you create - with a simple tool- tells what type of airspeed it is from 5 different, all different in look, and even click spots).FSX SP2 introduced a breaking change in the FS SDK, and we have had to deal with that bug up to late last night. It is now corrected (a workaround).So in turn, our gauges now are running in an abstracted layer from the SDK, our Gauge X Treme framework, and if there is a breaking bug like this one, it is solved at the level of the framework, not the gauge, which in end gives a gauge that can natively run in FS9 and in FSX, with all these advanced features.Mind you, some gauges still "hack" inside FS for what they do, and in this case, they become FS version specific even if from a framework/gauge standpoint they are FS version agnostic.Hope this helps!

>Hope this helps!No not really...most of it went straight over my head! :-lolIf you are saying that what you do with your FSX gauges affects FS9 that's fine (although this does not apply to most developers)Having said that re: "Wx500 Weather Radar for FSX main bitmap is in the range of 1900x1900 pixels" where is FS9 Wx500 main bitmap update?:-hah