Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

What stuff is on the way for FS9?

Guest JeanLuc_

LOL!what I'm saying is that we have created a layer between FS and the gauges, which offers next-gen features not possible with the FS SDK, and these features work for fs9 and fsx! It also offers an object oriented, dynamic at runtime, way to create the gauges gauges, instead of the SDK C static at compile time way. In short: better, faster, more beautifull, more features!As for the Wx500, like I said above: "Mind you, some gauges still "hack" inside FS for what they do, and in this case, they become FS version specific even if from a framework/gauge standpoint they are FS version agnostic.":)

Interesting stuff, thanks Jean Luc!Any update on when we can expect to get RealityXP stuff working in Vista?I had a look on your support forum and the info there is a little vague.I've already got the DF Baron and Archer working, just waiting for when I can start adding the FL-T, FL-N and GNS units to my Carenado Cessnas :)

Great stuff Shez, I've been waiting for a new KPHL for quite a while now (the Simflyers one is looking very old now).Looking forward to flying my BA 767 and 777 into your Philadelphia!

Guest JeanLuc_

Thank you for your kind words!The Wx500 for FSX works in Vista as far as I know, and most if not all of FSX products should work with Vista as well.Speaking of FSX product, worth noting the upcomming FLT and FLN (compiling and packaging the final bits now), are targeted for FSX, i.e. the installer, the config tool, are for FSX. However, the gauges are FS9 compatible, i.e. you rename the .DLL -> .GAU, you manually move a couple files, and you can use the gauge in FS9 aircraft.In this respect, there are a couple breaking changes in the INI files, i.e. for example, what used to be FlightDirector= is now KI256.FlightDirector. There is also KA51.Vertical= and KI525.DriftRate= )There a new options as well! You will discover them with the Config tool!

Guys don't miss the Xsimulate DC-10-30!!I have been beta testing the sounds, FDE, model and VC.The total package as of now is among the best I've ever flown and the VC is just dynamite!www.xsimulate.netstan

Is that the one that was being made by "Cross Bleed" (or something like that)?If so it's another one that seems to have been in development forever! Looks good though, I hope it sees the light of day!Hmmmm, just think, with this DC-10, the PMDG MD-11, the DF 727, Project Tupolev Tu-154 and David Maltby's Trident... all we need now is a decent Tristar and we'll be in tri-jet heaven! :)

>Please release FS9 products when they are ready. FSX can wait>until it is ready. :)>I agree! There are many fs9 users right here with credit card ready (actually if you don't have your cc# memorized, you aren't really a true simmer) :)Why should those of us who chose to stick with the stable version of FS be punished because others have jumped ahead?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest DreamFleet

>I have to agree with Ed here. If the FS9 version is ready>please release it instead of holding things up for FSX.>>I'm no expert on these matters, but wouldn't it ease the>burden of support if you staggered released of different>versions, i.e. release the FS9 version first (assuming it's>ready), deal with any support issues for that version, and>once any problems have been ironed out release the FSX>version.>>You might even find positive feedback from the FS9 version>will be good for sales of the FSX version.>>As a very famous comedy character in the UK famously says:>>"You know it makes sense!"I wish it did make sense, but this time around it does not. While we did it with the Archer months ago, the Dakota has to wait for the new RXP gauges in their new Gauge XTreme framework, and by the time they are ready to be installed in the Dakota it's not too much of a stretch in time to also release the FSX version at the same time, as we DO need the FSX sales too.The burden of support is a minor issue for us, and I like to think we have a pretty good reputation after 7 years of doing this.BTW, we're not doing FSX-specific aircraft models at this time for the FSX versions, so our hold-up is with gauges, and being sure they work in FS9 and FSX, and as you will see, RXP is starting to get them completed / release them. (Flight Line T, Flight Line N, are out today for FS9/FSX, and next come the Garmins). We need those gauges for the Dakota for both FS9 and FSX and to upgrade the Archer for FSX. The Archer III was the last one to use the previous versions of the RXP gauges, and we had to make the switch to the new technology.Like it or not overall sales of add-ons between FSX and FS9 is about 2:1 or better on behalf of FSX.We may not be experts either, but we've been doing this just long enough to have an idea about what is best, not just for our customers but for our business interests. ;)Can't please everyone, but we try! :DRegards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

>Can't please everyone, but we try! :DOk try this ..... ATR42-500 for FS9 please. :-hah

And all this time I thought you were working on Long Beach Shez, ha! ;-)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Oh yeah that as well....:( Shezhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179298.jpg

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Shez, All the McDonnell Douglas assembly buildings, hangars and ramps are gone now from Long Beach airport. It looks like in your screen shot one of the McDonnell Douglas buildings. I don't have any pics of the area but drove through there a few months ago and was shocked at the looks of things. Anyway just a heads up on that situation. Glad to see your working on Long Beach.Regards, Al

Al,Yes I heard about the McDD buildings to the northern side being pulled down. Also heard they are making way for a housing community there? Strange considering there are still military a/c flying out of LGB?Can you confirm if the large McDD buildings to the west are still there? They should be active with C17 production.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Shez,Yes as much as I remember when driving through there the C-17 buildings are still there. If you go to FlightAware and look at KLGB under "airport information" there is a Google satellite photo that looks pretty much up to date. Least it shows all the dirt area where the buildings were so it has to be fairly recent. Hope this info helps.Regards, Al