Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishlakejim

Best 737 and Commercial Turboprop for FS2004?

Guest irishlakejim

I would like to know your input for the following two questions. What is the best 737NG for FS2004? I want a good FMS (which can be controlled with keyboard commands, as well as keystrokes that can be assigned to various panel operations. I am aware of the PMDG 737 and the FeelThere/Wilco product, but i know very little about both.What would you consider to be the best commercial sim of a Turboprop passenger liner, also for FS2004? Same requirements as above for the 737.I am not the type to just purchase any old thing out there, but I have no problem at all paying whatever is necessary for a good quality product.Can you help me out?Thanks...Jim

Concerning FMC, PMDG beats all. It's to date the most complete FMC and very realistic (I can't say, but others did, and that is PMDGs policy).Can't be much of a help concerning turboprop.

Hi,For FS2004 the best airliner turbo prop is ATR72 of flight 1. Period.Best 737NG is the current one of PMDG, but they will release an updated version for both FS2004 and FSX. It's not known when it will be released, but certainly not before Q1-2008 and maybe later. (just guessing)ATR:http://atr.flight1.net/

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Another good choice is the Majestic Software Dash8 Series which I also like very much.---> http://www.majesticsoftware.comThe Dash ( is available in several editions with rising professionalismup to a corporate edition which is supposed to be a training aid for real life pilots. There is also an edition for home cockpit builders.I have the standard edition which is already quite sophisticated.Sascha

Most people who know t-props say the FSD Cheyenne is the most accurate t-prop for FS.

BobK

Hi,A looked at it a short while ago, but the biggest problem I had with it, is that the navdata isn't updated regularly. I think obly once a year.But you are right, it looks like a very good turbopro.Neverthelss I think in the end the ATR is a more complete package, also regarding the panel graphics.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Most people who know t-props say the FSD Cheyenne is the most>accurate t-prop for FS. I have it too and it's indeed good, nevertheless the Aerosoft Cheyenne is better. More complete and better looking, specifically the 2D panel and VC.But the Cheyenne is not realy a commercial turboprop, more like a GA aircraft.

Jim: I know you're looking for payware, but the turboprop I have enjoyed flying the most in FS2004 is this:ys-11jac.zip, by the Allied FlightSim Group, here in the Avsim libraryThere is a combi version also.AFG's original was groudbreaking for it's time. The latest updated version 2.7 is just a great pleasure to fly. My CH yoke performs better in the sim with this aircraft than almost any other.It comes with an excellent manual and all the information needed to fly it well. No FMC in this baby, though ;-)

I second that - the YS11 is still one of the best planes, very immersive and fun to fly!

Continuing on the freeware topic Steve "Bear" Cartwright did some reviews here on freeware turboprops in August. Just search for "bear turboprops".On smaller turboprops the AFG Kingair - recently released - is very good to fly...

Guest irishlakejim

Thanks to all for the replies !!! Lot's of good info here...Am I correct in assuming that when it comes to the 767, LevelD is the best of the best?Jim

Without question the PMDG 737NG is the best there is, however, you must buy both the base package and 800/900 to complete the deal. You get so much more with the 800/900 add-on that increase the visuals and realism of the 737, you'd be sorry without it. Unfortunately, the PMDG NG is rather old now and PMDG have announced a version 2.0, but with the current progress of things, I don't expect to see it for a couple years at best. They are finishing the 747 for FSX and then trying to get the MD-11 finally out as well. The Wilco/FT 737 looks okay and has plenty of good features, but I found the performance was lacking in many areas. My last computer (AMD 3400+, 6600GT 128MB video card, 1GB RAM) had worse frame rates than any product I ran in FS9. I won't be reinstalling it on this machine if that's any indication.For turboprops, my favorite category, the ATR 72-500 is by far the best simulation of a commuter plane out there. The only drawback is that the Dash-8 is used way more in the U.S. than the ATR. I still feel the ATR is an absolute must have in FS9 regardless of where you like to fly and how realistic you want to be. FedEX is starting to employ ATRs in several other locations around the U.S., so the ASA and AE southeastern traffic won't be the only traffic the ATR sees in the near future. Visually, aurally, and functionally, the Flight One ATR represents the best rendition one could ever ask for in a commuter though.If you're interested in a small turboprop (~6 pax) that no doubt flys commuter traffic around the world too, then the Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne is the winner here IMO. The flight dynamics of this plane notch it out for 1st place over the Aeroworx B200 for me. I don't own any others so I can't compare them all, but the DA Cheyenne is one add-on I always came back to. It offers plenty of great features to keep the user happy and handles like a dream. It has excellent sounds and a GPS few seem to appreciate. The Trimble GPS is complicated, but it boasts many of the features of the real deal, and not many seem to want to learn it. It does have some teething problems and Hans is working on a new service pack now for soon release, but the plane itself is great. Once the GPS bugs are fully addressed it will be perfect. The B200 from Aeroworx is wonderful but the GPS is a remake of the default GPS and the flight dynamics make it hard to land after taking a long break.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired