Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyPortland

AI Traffic Question

Guest FlyPortland

HiI am a newcomer to everything "beyond what's in the box" in terms of enhancing FS2004 and was wondering if problems would result from using AI traffic from say, Project AI and World of AI simultaneously. Can they coexist? Once an AI set is installed does FS's ATC control AI traffic or does each respective add-on handle their respective traffic? Thanks for any and all advice!Liam

They work fine together. Basically they are the same thing; a package of low-impact aircraft of varying types and liveries and an accompanying flight plan that defines which aircraft will fly to/from which airports, at what time, and at what altitude. FS9 reads the flightplan (Traffic bgl) and loads the appropriate aircraft and flies it to it's destination according to the time schedule. ATC will interact with the AI planes the same way it does with the default AI.Jim

I have custom military traffic as well as GA traffic, the default and some WAI fedex traffic and the default ATC handles ALL of it. The only thing I added was to run a program called aismooth to help me to land cuz the skies are so busy.

I'm an Ultimate Traffic user, but I love World of AI. WOAI uses nicer looking aircraft than UT does. To avoid duplicate flights you must disable the same Airlines in UT. American is loaded with flights at KMIA. If you don't cancel one or the other, you'll soon run out of parking spots. With WOAI I foresee possible angst as UT does update schedules. Unless WOAI releases updates I may have to revert. Bill

Guest RonB49

Hi Liam,To add just a bit to what the others have said, I use both PAI and WOAI but I'm careful not to duplicate airlines. I may use American from one and Southwest from the other but never both American or both Southwest flightplans.One other suggestion is to create a separate traffic*.bgl for each airline. It makes it so much easier to make changes.R-

Guest FlyPortland

Thanks everyone for your advice. AI traffic is a little less daunting now.