Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Tallinn scenery help

I downloaded a FS2002 scenery and installed it in FS2004. At first everything worked good (except for my AI floated a little but I lived with it) but now the custom grass that was between the taxiways, runways and buildings is gone. It now looks like the whole airport is floating above the default grass textures. I tried downloading the scenery again but that didn't work and I tried getting the original JABBlg (the files that adjust height of AI planes) file but that didn't work. Any ideas on what happened and how to get the grass back?I know there is a new FS2004 version of Tallinn but I cant use that scenery because I need more spaces for my AI. When I try and add more spaces the custom building get deleted.

I cannot help with your specific problem but am curious about your statement that you cannot add parking spaces to the 2004 version without custom buildings being deleted.That should not be happening - can you explain in a little greater detail exactly what happens? Perhaps one of us can then be of help.

Well I went to add parking spaces using AFCAD saved what I done, then when I went to Tallinn to see the the new spaces in the game the custom terminal was gone replaced by the default terminal and tower was there.

I was able to duplicate your problem with the FS2004 Version of Tallinn - apparently the author used something other than Afcad to create the runways etc. and it is not compatible with anything added via Afcad.I am now trying to duplicate your setup with the FS2002 version - even with the new Afcad by Jani Salo (from Avsim) the AI craft do set a foot or so above the ground. Can you tell me which file you altered with the JABBGL program? I just want to be sure I have things set as you do before making further experiments.

The file was scenery/eure/scenery then AP954100.bglI don't remember what I had changed the original number to.

Guest ha5mvo

I recall the Tallin scenery for FS9 used to cause a memory leak on my system.Perhaps this is something that went wrong with my specific setup, but I just wanted you to be aware of the possibility.

It probably would be better to continue this "conversation" via e-mail.Please drop me a note at the following address - (remove the spaces) o p a f l i g h t s i m a d d i c t @ v e r i z o n . n e t

I finally have been able to get the FS2002 version to work properly on my machine.The fix is not difficult but the details would require more space than is available here.If you are still interested, drop me an e-mail. My address is in an earlier response.

I finally have been able to get the FS2002 version to work properly on my machine. The fix is not difficult but the details would require more space than is available here. If you are still interested, drop me an e-mail. My address is in an earlier response.
Hi, to bring up an old topic, is there any chance you could also tell me (PM or reply) the fixes required to get the AI rolling on the right level in theis scenery? Thanks. Geoff

Hi, to bring up an old topic, is there any chance you could also tell me (PM or reply) the fixes required to get the AI rolling on the right level in theis scenery? Thanks. Geoff
I am still on vacation for another 5 or 6 days but when I get back home I will look up the info and can send it to you. (assuming I still have it after all this time). Please PM me with your e-mail address and use Tallin as the subject - as a reminder.