Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Jaggies Ruining EVERYTHING!!!!!

I've never had jaggies before. My AA on my card was at 4, so I tried 8s which is the next option up, no luck, so I tried AA within FS, no luck. I have my max vertex level at 19, usually I have it set at 21 but it causes flickering. Is max vertex level causing my jaggies? Like I said earlier, I've had FS9 installed previously on this very same computer and have had no problems with jaggies. I have an E6600 O'Ced to 2.7 and an nVidia 7600GT. Here's a screenshot. Any help kindly appreciated.Thanks,Jeffhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179252.jpg

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>>Are you running nHancer for your nVidia card?<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Did you find this? -- I know it's there, if running the latest version of nHancer, because this worked for me. I'm not in front of my FS computer right now, but as I recall just delete the two existing Flight Sim profiles and build new ones, not using the in game enhancement.Hope this helps.

I have this problem with the new driver for nvidia. Rolling back the driver is good if you can, if not, use the FS setting and it works.

I followed the recommendations TABS made in the NHancer forum and I couldn't believe the difference it made. After making the changes, I started up FS2k4 and thought I was watching TV...it made that much of a difference. Thanks TABS!!!Mike

Mike Franks

Here's the thread he's talking about.http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...aded&show=&st=&The new Nvidia drivers force their own settings on FS9, so you have to use nHancer to override the driver settings. I just upgraded to an AGP 7800 this week, and I was scratching my head over why I wasn't seeing any AA in FS9, and this thread fixed things for me.

Thanks jcmissionary,I was so excited about the improvement, I forgot to attach the thread. I still can't get over the difference.Mike

Mike Franks

HiAs a lot of other pilots i also have problems with AA in FS9.just now i must have the AA checked in FS to control the AA /if not the AA dont work. It doesnt matterwhat settings i use in the nvidia panel the result is the same bad or none AA and a black box when i choose aircraft.can nhancer solve this ??I have a Nvidia 7600gs G-card and driver 94.24Sorry for bad spelling :-)Lennart

I just had a major tweak session with my FS9. I loaded nhancer and it looks like a good program but I couldn't get past really corrupted graphics. I'm going to assume it was something I'm doing wrong, not the program.So then I went back to the Nvidia settings screen and was able to tweak everything just fine. ???? Did nhancer unlock something or what?I'm sure the Nvidia settings wouldn't let me do that before?Anyway, I'm back to the config I like. 8xs AA + 16x AASF. Looks good again. Didn't realize what I was missing.I use split screen rendering on my SLI, which supposedly doesn't work but it seems to in my tests. Tests being identical setting in FS while changing the graphics options. There's a problem with the FSPassenger window when it's up but that's it.