Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

less than 4m/pixel with FS9??

Guest ha5mvo

Hi,There's a new file in the library for the area around Phoenix int apt.The screenshots look stunning! I have one question though. The file description says the resolution is 1.2 m/pixel. AFAIK FS9 can't display anything higher than 4.75m/pixel. If that's the case, then what's the pint in having such high resolution?

Please name this file, I cannot find it. Being from Phoenix, I'm very motivated...

Guest ha5mvo

>Please name this file, I cannot find it. Being from Phoenix,>I'm very motivated...>"Phoenix, Arizona, High-Resolution Scenery - Part 1: Sky Harbor Airport (KPHX)"phx2007_hr_1.zipby: Gottfried Razek (BlueSkyScenery)

Guest lalo lolo1

Lol, I guess you haven't tasted any of Gottfried's yet. I have no clue about resolution, but you will be able to see crisp textures from less than 1k ft. Nothing like Megascenery, but way, way more crisp. The best photoreal hands down.Go to www.blueskyscenery.com and get any HR file. Try it and remember to check your jaw dropping. The best ones are the Los Angeles ones.Leo

The "4.8m max res" in FS9 is true for terrain textures (including phototerrain). This addon instead uses 3d scenery techniques to create higher res texture capability. In this case the 3d scenery sits flat on the ground. scott s..

Guest ha5mvo

>The "4.8m max res" in FS9 is true for terrain textures>(including phototerrain). >>This addon instead uses 3d scenery techniques to create higher>res texture capability. In this case the 3d scenery sits flat>on the ground. >>scott s.>.> Interesting.What exactly do you mean by 3D scenery? (sorry if I may sound ingnorent, its simply because I am...)Are all those details made in Gmax or whatever other tool and "dressed" in hi-res satellite imagery?Would you mind expending a little about this technique?