Sign in to follow this  
Guest monsoon

Wilco Airbus Volume 2

Guest monsoon

So I wonder what the list is up to now on how many people got robbed on this product.

HelloNon here it seems, its been on the front page all day and not oneperson has complained about bugs or lack of support or even wilcos download speeds.Either it is bug free or no one has bought it yet, my moneys on the latter due to fiasco with the Vol 1 and the closing of the forum.Serves them right they deserve all they get, as does anyone who is crazy enough to throw money at them. http://www.freewebs.com/reading1871/30.jpg

I hope their product doesn't sell a single copy. They are just a shame to aviation simulation.for companies like these, I download their products from torrents and use them like that. That is what they deserve.they treat me like ####, i'll treat them like ####.

Wow, some nasties in this thread!David

David Porrett

I guess your allways gonna get people like that.. I wasn't to happy when they locked the forum but after the last patch I have been flying the A320 short haul with no major problems. I have followed Eric's work since his freeware day's and he's very talented, unfortunately if you go payware and don't have a lot of money you sell part of yourself and lose control.RobAnd to guy talking about using torrents for addons, your not just screwing them your screwing all of us dude.

Rob Prest

Well I've purchased it. I also have Volume 1, and their 737... and their Legacy... and their Citation X.No real regrets from purchasing these, I enjoy flying them. Granted they aren't in the same league as Level D or PMDG, but then again how long does it take for these two development groups to actually release something?FeelThere are the *only* developer to have tackled the 737-300/400/500 since the old DF version back in the days of FS2000. They are the only developer to have released a detailed Airbus since PSS back in FS2002! Sure Airsimmer and AirlinerXP have promised a lot but so far nothing's been released (despite the huge hype over AirlinerXP's a few months ago).Likewise FeelThere, along with Eaglesoft are the only people to have given us some half decent business jets.Yes I know their products often have bugs on release, but they are usually very prompt in getting patches out (unlike some). Victor over at FT is also a genuinely helpful guy and is open to customer feedback. I wish they would break their tie to Wilco and go with a better publisher like Flight One, I also wish they would provide better documentation with their products, but as long as they continue to release aircraft that nobody else will do I will keep buying from them.I also thought the little "commentary" appended to the news piece on the front page was a pretty poor show. I'm all for promoting customer awareness, but does that mean the next time PSS release something Avsim will put a little comment on how they have a habit of releasing unfinished beta products and making their customers wait months for patches? When the PMDG MD-11 is released will Avsim remind us how they rather quietly swapped the Dollar sign for a Euro sign on all their prices?

HelloLike you i have also bought a lot of feelthere product, i still fly the 737 and enjoy it a lot.If feelthere published through flight1 and stopped locking their forums i might just buy from them again , also i agree Victor does the best he can but he is up against it from the start when wilco release products far to early.http://www.freewebs.com/reading1871/30.jpg

Guest monsoon

>Well I've purchased it. I also have Volume 1, and their>737... and their Legacy... and their Citation X.>>No real regrets from purchasing these, I enjoy flying them.>Granted they aren't in the same league as Level D or PMDG, but>then again how long does it take for these two development>groups to actually release something?>>FeelThere are the *only* developer to have tackled the>737-300/400/500 since the old DF version back in the days of>FS2000. They are the only developer to have released a>detailed Airbus since PSS back in FS2002! Sure Airsimmer and>AirlinerXP have promised a lot but so far nothing's been>released (despite the huge hype over AirlinerXP's a few months>ago).And this proves what? NOTHING. A company can release whatever they want but if it doesn't work who really cares. >Yes I know their products often have bugs on release, but they>are usually very prompt in getting patches out (unlike some).And STILL even after the patches come out the bugs are not fixed!!!!!!!>I also thought the little "commentary" appended to the news>piece on the front page was a pretty poor show. I'm all for>promoting customer awareness. When the PMDG>MD-11 is released will Avsim remind us how they rather quietly>swapped the Dollar sign for a Euro sign on all their prices?I thought the "commentary" was bang on and I support it. We as paying customers should be well aware of what the TRUTH is. We were ouright LIED to by Wilco and the "features" of the volume 1. I agree with the comment on PSS because I am not a big fan of PSS. Has anyone told you what PSS stands for? And your comment on PMDG? Nothing needs to be said because PMDG has made their stand in this communtiy. Top notch releases and EVERYONE knows the bug WILL get fixed. No if's, and's, or but's. As for pricing? Where does wilco get off thinking they can charge the same price (or anywhere near) as PMDG or LDS. Would you pay "mercedes price" for a Ford Focus? Personally I hope NO copies of the volume 2 get sold. But you have obviously supported this company but hopefully you are the only one.

> monsoon > Let me just ask you one question. Honestly, how many products do you have from Wilco/Feelthere?

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest jsample

On the UNOFFICAL NON TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM at the Feelthere site, there are a number of discussions re: Feelthere closing the Airbus support form, the final reply from Victor, one of the developers, says this:Dear Folks,Once again please let me remind you this is a technical support forum. Marketing ideas should not be discussed here.Thank youVicThere is no way to know what the bugs are or if they are being fixed or are fixed. I was thinking on buying the new Airbus seriesbut changed my mind. JSample

Guest monsoon

With an honest reply Staffan, I have the ERJ, Legacy, 737, CRJ and the Airbus volume 1. So no i am not making a biased statement.

>EngineRoom> Can you please post a screeshot of the 2D panel? I really would like to know if they nailed the right window centerpost,..which they certaily did not on the A320 panel. IMO, if the can not reproduce even a correct centerpost, it tells you quite a lot of the rest. :-roll

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

>With an honest reply Staffan, I have the ERJ, Legacy, 737,>CRJ and the Airbus volume 1. So no i am not making a biased>statement. Hi,I was just curious,..since I don

Staffan

I didn't even know it was out, or was being released anytime soon if that gives you an idea how I feel.

Gentlemen!Instead of reading another pointless portion of bashing, I would like to hear some impressions of people who bought vol.2. And I can see there are a few.Could you please share your feelings about this product?FDE, AP, 2D panel, MCDU, VC, model, sounds...I am really curious.Thank you in advance,Rafal