Sign in to follow this  
Guest M-Sauce

TJSJ from Imagine Simulations

Guest M-Sauce

I really wish that Imagine would have a support forum. I've had problems installing KEWR, TJSJ, and KCLT. I've emailed them before and they basically told I was on my own to figure out what was going wrong with EWR.Now I'm having problems with TJSJ and I think this might be the last time I get an imagine simulation product.I've installed TJSJ and I see waves crashing on the northenr runway. You don't see water, you just see the white wave crests crashing. I also noticed that when my aircraft is on the runways I can't see a shadow. I get my own shadow on the ramps, but not on the runways.I noticed that KEWR and KCLT both add flatten or exclude switches to the Scenery.cfg but TJSJ doesn't. Did Imagine forget that aspect? I did some experimenting with KCLT and I noticed that if I remove the flatten switch, I get the same effect on the runways (Aircraft sinks slightly below level and I can't see my own shadow, but no waves.)Any help regarding this would be appreciated. Mariano

I have the same issue with the waves on the north side. Global warming? Haven't had time to do anything further on it yet.Sorry to hear of your frustration with ImagineSim- overall I am very happy with all of their products, and I'm sure a solution will come up for this one.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

My experience with Imaginsim is that, whatever the Problem, it must be you. The only Airport I own from Imaginesim is MYNN. I have always had the problem of certain Aircraft textures being Blurry. Other Aircraft parked right next to them are clear and sharp. I used to chalk it up to my computer and Grapics card not being up to Snuff. With my Fancy new Duo Core processor and 8800 Graphics the problem should have gone away. It didn't. All they ever said to me was, It ain't us, Check your Drivers. If that was the case Nvidia and ATI have the same problem. I've considered purchasing some of their other Sceneries, but hesitate as they won't help me solve this problem and won't own up that it is their problem too. And Yes! A forum would be nice, if only for users to compare problems and make Imaginesim aware of them.Bill

Imaginesim......'Cal' from SimFlyers right?Let's face it, SimFlyers had their day in FS2002. Imaginesim has not really improved the old SimFlyers design techniques as far as I can tell.Cloud9, FlyTampa, Flightzone etc have raised the bar for scenery design. They do bang them out at a quick rate though. I'll leave you to decide what that means about the quality of work...............

Bill, I too have the blurry aircraft texture problem and I don't have anything from Imagine. I noticed it when I rarely selected a default aircraft the other day. It seems isolated to default aircraft which I never fly. I got it corrected by using a new FS9 cfg. When I went back into the cfg. to do the tweaks all over again the default aircraft blurry textures came back. I never tried to find the root cause because I don't fly the default aircraft.

Co-inky-dink Daryll? Not in my case. I don't use any default aircraft. Although I have noticed (and this may be grabbing at Straws)that it seems to be aircraft with lots of red and blues in their texture. I tend to discard this theory because I once noticed a Hooter's 757, mostly Orange and White lookin a little fuzzy. Aircraft Painters might have something to say about this Phenonomen. Things Like alpha channels and stuff in the textures might play Havoc with certain sceneries. But this kind of theorizing is way beyond my capabilities.Bill

Well so far on the demo it has that problem with both runways not casting shadows on the ground, and at rwy 26 has that small wave like effect on on parts of it, its not a big thing but you can tell if you stare at it long enough.Mariano, the flattens are in the bgls I believe.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I have discovered something new in this Fuzzy (blurry) texture situation. Switching between windowed mode and full screen changes the sitution. If an aircraft is fuzzy, switch to windowed mode and Voila! It clears up. The same thing happens in reverse, if you are in windowed mode switch to full screen and be back to sharp again. While using the Traffic tool SDK, I followed an American ATR42 up and away from MYNN. About 200 feet off the ground, it and the background scenery went suddenly Blurry. Swiching Modes, it immediatly cleared up. I hope this little bit of additional information will help you FS9 Gurus figure out this problem. I just realized, I may have Hijacked this Post. I didn't mean to, but someone responded to my reply and it went on from there. I apologise Mariano.Bill

Methinks you're being a bit unfair. To compare ImagineSim's latest sceneries with the old Simflyers stuff makes little sense. (You're not thinking of BluePrint Simulations are you?)Sure, the other three you mentioned are slightly better, but what have they done recently? No, Imagine produces decent sceneries, now and for FS9. That deserves a little more respect than "...............", but maybe that's just me............... :(

Mike...

I agree with you Mike, the ImagineSim sceneries are certainly much better than the older Simflyers ones, they are generally easy on frames and they look good. Best of all, they produce them at a good rate so that we get lots of different airports to visit.FlyTampa and the other "top notch" developers are excellent, but their products take a looong time to develop.

Graeme Butler

I have bought TJSJ from Imagesim and have no problems with wavesor any other issues. One way of resolving the waves issue for sureis to download and install Puerto Rico Mesh and Gottfried Razek's photoreal scenery which is freeware and comes in 3 files: 2 lowres and 1 high res. The only problem will be some default autogenbuildings standing in the water further up the coast, but form me thisis not a big issue.Regards

>to download and install Puerto Rico Meshhttp://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I think it is a pretty good scenery too.I do see the water splashes but I also see a small river/creek.As for the plane being sunk into the ground and no shadows, I do not have this problem. I do have my TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL set to 21....Also, I have seen flattens added to the scenery CFG on other scereny's. It's not always just in a BGL, but I know nothing about scenery much less how to flatten it.

>I have bought TJSJ from Imagesim and have no problems with>waves>or any other issues. One way of resolving the waves issue for>sure>is to download and install Puerto Rico Mesh and Gottfried>Razek's photoreal scenery which is freeware and comes in 3>files: 2 low>res and 1 high res. The only problem will be some default>autogen>buildings standing in the water further up the coast, but form>me this>is not a big issue.>>RegardsHI that's odd I will have to recheck the San Juan area for any conflict's I do have the mesh on I wanted to try it out with out Gottfried photo real textures will try them with them on, is anyone else experiencing the now shadows on the runways?Bill I never experinced that kind of problem before that is strange.While I totally respect everyone epinion Imaginesim is one of the only ones producing and making scenery at a nice pace for all of us too enjoy heck I tired to make scenery myself and its just way to hard for me it takes a huge amount of time and effort to finish something. I know there are some airports that folks here would love too see and I wish them the best of luck to them that the next ones get picked like PANC and some airports in Canada.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.