Sign in to follow this  
Guest M-Sauce

TJSJ from Imagine Simulations

>This is why I was hoping for some input from Artists and>Painters. I kinda suspected it might have something to do with>the aircraft textures themselves. How exactly do you change>the texture format DXTbmp if it turns out this is indeed the>cause?>>Bill, of the Blurry VisionHi Bill, sorry for late reply check out this link over at projectopensky on how you can try it on some aircraft maybe that will solve your problem, hope this helps. http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?showtopic=8132

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Well Cesar! Mipmaps was definitly the problem with the Blurry textures at MYNN. How can I be so sure of that you ask? Well I changed the fusilage and tail sections of the Aircraft, but forgot The Engine nacelles, Sure enough when I went to Nassau I had a clear and sharp Fairchild Metro except for the engines which were Blurry. As I said earlier, I never experienced the problem anyplace else but MYNN, so I can only assume that something in their Software brings out the worst in some aircraft. Now I have a fix for the Fuzzies. I can change all the textures that are giving me trouble, and if it ever occurs at any other Airport, I know how to fix it.Thanks, Bill

>Well Cesar! Mipmaps was definitly the problem with the Blurry>textures at MYNN. How can I be so sure of that you ask? Well I>changed the fusilage and tail sections of the Aircraft, but>forgot The Engine nacelles, Sure enough when I went to Nassau>I had a clear and sharp Fairchild Metro except for the engines>which were Blurry. As I said earlier, I never experienced the>problem anyplace else but MYNN, so I can only assume that>something in their Software brings out the worst in some>aircraft. Now I have a fix for the Fuzzies. I can change all>the textures that are giving me trouble, and if it ever occurs>at any other Airport, I know how to fix it.>Thanks, Bill Thats great news Bill, Im glade you got it fixed :)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

First off, I too have the annoying waves, but I was able to find two other fixes:1) renaming the file parked_aircraft_01.bgl to parked_aircraft_01.bgl.off will remove the blurry static aircraft.Then activate the AFCAD TJSJ_no_parked_aircraft.bgl to allow ATC to assign their parking spaces to other traffic.This will NOT remove the eye-candy DC-3s!2) one of the tree textures has no alpha channel, therefore trees look weird and flicker. Using DXTBMP extract the alpha channel from file imagine009_fa.bmp and import it to file imagine009.bmpI would offer this file here, but don't know how pecky Imagine Sim are about copyrights.And yes, it is a major bummer that they have no support forum.

>First off, I too have the annoying waves, but I was able to>find two other fixes:>>1) renaming the file parked_aircraft_01.bgl to>parked_aircraft_01.bgl.off will remove the blurry static>aircraft.>>Then activate the AFCAD TJSJ_no_parked_aircraft.bgl to allow>ATC to assign their parking spaces to other traffic.>>This will NOT remove the eye-candy DC-3s!>>2) one of the tree textures has no alpha channel, therefore>trees look weird and flicker. Using DXTBMP extract the alpha>channel from file imagine009_fa.bmp and import it to file>imagine009.bmp>>I would offer this file here, but don't know how pecky Imagine>Sim are about copyrights.>>And yes, it is a major bummer that they have no support>forum.Nice work MeatWater, Ill give that a shot.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

I think you will find that the "wave effect" is there in the default FS scenery and is not an Imaginesim bug.

Graeme Butler

Can I assume that Imaginesim was aware of the problem, but never acknowledged it? An update appears on the site to fix a problem they didn't have. Who knows? Maybe something will happen to correct the fuzzies we're getting with Mip mapped aircraft too. One can only Hope.Bill