Sign in to follow this  
Guest M-Sauce

TJSJ from Imagine Simulations

Guest captandy

I have all of their sceneries except KDEN and KEWR and like all of them.I see them like wine they are getting better with age ...As far as comparing them to SIMFLYERS come on not even close .These guys can pack KDTW,KCLT,MYNN,KMCI with little or no frame rate issues at all.I also own most FlyTampa and The RI and Portland scenery and I will agree they are a notch up but Imagine gives u moving jetways which I always prefer.Keep em coming cant wait to replace my old SimFlyer's KATL with theirs.Andy

I'm also very happy with my Imaginesim sceneries. I don't own every one, but quite a few. They look very good and have excellent performance. That's all I ask for from my scenery. I don't think they are quite up there with FlyTampa and FlightScenery, but if I only flew those few sceneries, I'd be bored with fs2004! Imaginesim also has two other big plusses in my book:-They are still developing for fs2004-They pick airports with some variety I love how they did MYNN and TJSJ. When I saw them doing Nassau I almost hit the floor. I love to see something different. As for the waves on the ground at TJSJ, I get this at a few of my coastal airports. Honestly, I thought that was one of those fs2004 bugs that we just learned to deal with? I thought I've seen the same thing in Boston, JFK, etc. I'll have to check though.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest caser

Hi All:You may find some help at Aerosoft forums. They are affiliated I think via the airport enhancement services which work at some ImagineSim airports.Just a thought.RegardsRick

Okay! We all love Imaginesim. And I admit I may be wrong in associating my Blurry Aircraft with MYNN. But "so help me!, I do not have this problem anyplace in FS9 but at Nassau. I guess I should purchase TJSJ? Would that prove anything? I will ask, if anyone is using MYNN and Freeflow Bahamas together, if any of you have a similar problem.Bill

>Okay! We all love Imaginesim. And I admit I may be wrong in>associating my Blurry Aircraft with MYNN. But "so help me!, I>do not have this problem anyplace in FS9 but at Nassau. I>guess I should purchase TJSJ? Would that prove anything? I>will ask, if anyone is using MYNN and Freeflow Bahamas>together, if any of you have a similar problem.>>Bill Do the textures just take awhile to load? That is common pretty much anywhere. Or do they never sharpen? Anyway, start with:http://www.scenerysolutions.com/doc/performanceTuning.pdf

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest M-Sauce

Hey guys. Bill, I did experience fuzzy textures on AI aircraft. For me it had to do with MIP maps. I notices it expecially on FSP buses (330 and 340). I went trhough my whole AI library and made sure that all the textures were legit (You don't want to know how long that took.). Now I make sure that all the textures are in DX3 format with no MIPS. You can do this by opening them with DTXbmp. On the right hand side you'll see a checkmark for MIPS. You'll also notice that the DX3 textures saved with MIPS are about 1366 KB, as opposed to one without which should be 1025. If you notice a 4000+ file then it is a 32Bit. I use to stick to 32 bits but I found that I had to get close enough that you couldn't see the whole aircraft to notice any difference, so I went with DX3 to helps with the FPSs. Word of advice; I now check all AI textures I download and convert them all to DX3 for standardization. You'll find all sorts of formats like 256 colors and DX1. I had a CTD that kept occuring at some airports. MMMX would never load, MMUN rarely, KLAX (CL9) sometimes and KBOS once in a blue moon would give me full lock ups (reset button) or various .dll messages. I deactivated all AI to try and sort out and it went away. Turns out that it was the texture for an Aeromexico Dinasaur 9 with some weird texture format. (That's why Mexico city would never load, and the other airports would only load when AMX wasn't in town.)Hope that helps someone. Took me ages to sort it out. Mariano

Guest M-Sauce

"Mariano, the flattens are in the bgls I believe."Hy Cesar.Yeah, I saw that there are flattens in the scenery folder. But KEWR and KCLT both have flatten for the Scenery.cfg and if you remove the KCLT flatten from the Scenery.cfg you get the plane sinking into the runway in the same way. So I think that maybe Imaginesim forgot to add them. But this is the kind of stuff that having a forum would solve.Don't get me wrong, I love Imaginesim's stuff, they've come a long way from their earlier sceneries. But I just wish they're support could evolve like their sceneries have. I don't expect them to be perfect as long as they are willing to work to fix the faults. But it is hard to do that without a forum where people can say "hey, that happens to me too". Anyway, lets see if we can solve this. I'm gonna try to make a flatten switch and I'll post the results. Maybe that will solve the shadows missing on runways issue, which is the one that gets to me the most. I do have a third party mesh from FSGenesis for all of the caribbean and every other add-on works good with FSgenesis (aside from the ocasional tabletop airport effect).Mariano

Flattens in the scenery.cfg file are usually for a simple rectangle around an airport that's shaped like a... rectangle.The moment it gets complicated, you make a bgl file instead. TJSJ clearly falls in the latter category, so I doubt anything was forgotten. I should have the scenery today or tomorrow, so I can finally see for myself what the issues are. ;-)

Mike...

Okay, I get the waves (I don't have aircraft shadows turned on so couldn't care less about that), but nowhere on the runways, just in the grass. Kinda like marshland this way. :D Doesn't really bother me. Very nice scenery by the way!Edit: I've sent a mail to Imagine. And upon closer inspection I do see waves on some taxiways as well.

Mike...

Okay, deactivated the scenery and the waves are not caused by it. Waves are still there, as is water (hence the waves). It's just a question of removing the water, but I don't think that's easy. I looked into that for another airport a while back and didn't manage to fix it.

Mike...

I've seen the "waves" as well on the taxiway parallel to RWY 8/26... they were very faint and didn't bother me at all!As for shadows.. I had no problems there.. saw shadows everywhere!- Alex

HI all its true the wave effect is very faint, the shadows for me in all rwys do not come on, have no idea why yet, its not really a big deal I normaly didnt use aircraft shadows before that much so its a minor thing almost forget to mention that I use this freeware mesh for puerto rico pr_mesh_fast.zip by Jorge Robles.Mariano, maybe you will have luck with finding a flatten swich for the scenery.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hello again everyone I just wanted to inform you all that I have shadows in my aircraft at the rwys, the only one that did not show shadows in the rwy at tjsj for some reason was the default cessna. I have no Idea why must have been some conflict or glitch with something, Bill I just tested a posky 767-200 the 70th anniversary livery one and it is blurry gonna look at the textures for that one and see what format it was saved on so far all the other aircrafts are fine so it must be some airacraft saved with mipmaps. :)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

This is why I was hoping for some input from Artists and Painters. I kinda suspected it might have something to do with the aircraft textures themselves. How exactly do you change the texture format DXTbmp if it turns out this is indeed the cause?Bill, of the Blurry Vision