Sign in to follow this  

Question For W. Sieffert

(Others feel free to jump in)I can't seem to get around the following problem: whenever I choose over 32 MB AGP Aperature in Bios, I get "Windows unable to save to Memory" errors.My system: P4 2.8 512 2700 Samsung RAM Radeon 9700 128 3.1 Omega Drivers Windows XP.I do not see any performance loss with FS with AGP@16 MB (infact, I used to have AGP off in DXDIAG).I recently started playing FPS shooters and all seems well there (other than occasional crashing if highest texture quality is choosen in ATI Control Panel).I'm happy to keep things as they are but am worried I've missed something obvious.Thanks in advance.

Guest ccgr

try updating your Intel chipset drivers for your motherboard? Also do a BIOS update. Good lucK!

Thanks for the info. Bios is recent, but will definetly try to update MB drivers.Best regards

Visit www.rojakpot.com and select the definitive guide to BIOS, then select AGP aperture size selection.

Guys:I upgraded both Bios and Intel Drivers, but still stuck at 32 MB Aperature. The article above indicates I should be at a minimum of 64 MB. After reading around, I think it may have something to do with my Vcache settings. I have 512 MB of memory, any advice as to what setting to use (e.g. max amount to use)?Thanks