Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Soft Horizons

"Open a hotmail account.Plug that address into the readme.Don't sweat the small stuff."I had always used hotmail when I used to provide contact info--but I should have a right not to include it. I feel it should be the author's choice, as long as they provide their email to the site hosting their files, as to whether they wish to provide an email address to the public. There's dozens of files in this library without public contact info.That said, rather than make me go thru the process of uploading the file again, there should be a means for Avsim to allow the author to send the specific info need to update the file.Regards,John

Guest FredGherkin

I can see possibly requiring it for payware, but if it's freeware and the author is here often, like JohnCi, s/he can be easily contacted through the forums.

"So the rules should be different for different people?"The rules already are. There's a number of uploads in the file library here without any contact info. Many fall into the category of Soft Horizons, being either repaints or texture updates. But there's also other genre's represented--one of my personal favorites are "original aircraft" that are ripoffs of other people's work.Regards,John

Guest FredGherkin

>So the rules should be different for different people?Isn't that what I said? Do you need further explanation? If so, read John's latest post a few times. He's already had to say it twice and it apparently hasn't sunk in.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

wow, 22 posts and givin the powers that be #### already eh? Go get em champ!:-roll

Guest FredGherkin

>wow, 22 posts and givin the powers that be #### already eh? >Go get em champ!Another one with an ignorant comment about someone's post count. For all you know I may have been here for years as a reader, and just recently signed up to post. Of course, those of you who think that post counts amount to something, somehow forget that they had that same number of posts at one time. How ridiculous."Powers that be?" Don't make me laugh. He asked a sarcastic question and was replied to the same, unless of course "the rules should be different for different people?"Now go and search out others with low post counts and hijack the threads that they are in too.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

lol, relax man. You're going to give yourself blood failure.