Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

On the Subject of the FS9.cfg File:

Oh! What a tangled Web? I find the Forums an invaluable resource for information and assistance in getting FS9 to perform above and beyond its default parameters. But when it comes to the Good ole FS9.cfg file, there seems to be an over abundance of information. Some of it GOOD, some of it BAD, but all of it different. A lot of info comes from experienced scenery and aircraft developers. And even more from Joe Blows that give numbers others say is well out side, over or below the parameters Microsoft set for the file in the first place. Lots of the info is prefaced with the comment, this is what works for me on my Configuration. I realize we all have different Computers and different settings will or will not work with them all. I have been searching, unsuccessfully, for some Official artical from Microsoft about the upper and lower limits of the FS9.cfg settings. Also, it would be great to have that official documentation state just what the settings do, control, effect,etc.My Plea is, "Does such a Document exist?" And is it available to a Flightsimmer like me?Bill

There isn't such a ref that I am aware of. The problem is made worse in that most of the intense study of fs9.cfg was done years ago and hasn't really been updated for current class of computer hardware. One approach to the problem has been to move the sliders within fs9 and see the effect on the settings in the file. Some settings though don't have direct input from sliders. For terrain, the best investigation is in a German guide/study here:http://www.jobia.de/For the keyboard and controller assignments, Pete Dowson has provided documentation here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlscott s..

Guest ian_x

the "german" pdf looks and seems to be very extensive, but dam, i seem to have forget my fricking german! where are the studies done "years ago"? they still would be of great help. when i try to google something on this all get is hits on idiots who can't even find their config file. sheesh!