Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

sound error

Guest tmond

Ok Jim. I'll try again tomorow.I'm beat.:D

Guest tmond

Jim. I'm presently using YAFsscreen. The pictures are BMP files(to big) I'm presently trying to fix my problem. I don't know if there's a difference between YAFSSCREEN & YAFFSCREEN But I'll figure it out. I have mine exactly set up as a friend of mine and his pictures outcome is JPG. I'll check my FS9.CFG file. I added my name to the topof the list in sqaure brackets. Seems like the problem started after that. Any comments?

FSSound.dll=1 should be under sub heading {Modules}ie{Modules}FSSound.dll=1Square brackets

SorryIt should be {OldModules} using square brackets in fs9.cfg file (cannot post square brackets here)

Guest RonB49

>(cannot post square brackets here)Sure you can. [see,] [square Brackets].As you are creating a new post or responding to a post, just click the checkbox captioned, "Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets."It gives you this funny looking font but the square brackets will be there. You can also embed some control codes in a regular-font message but I have not been too successful in that. I must be doing somerhing wrong.R-

Tim, in the .cfg you posted above you have 2 [OLDMODULES] sections, the first is at the beginning of the file and the 2nd is about halfway down between the [MAPVIEW_MAP] section and the [FrameCallNoWarn] section.First make sure you are working with the "real" fs9.CFG and not fs9.CFG.txt, do this by starting Notepad and simply dragging fs9.CFG into the open Notepad window. Now scroll about halfway down the file and remove the extra occurance of:[OLDMODULES]FSSound.dll=1I'm guessing this will cure the problem.Incidentally Ron and cujo, square brackets can be shown using the following escape codes:[ = [] = ]Jim

Guest tmond

By Golly..................Thank You Jim.Much appreciated!!:-)

Guest tmond

It did'nt work. I'm gunna send (if I can) a couple pictures of my problem. The sound one comes up 1st(then I choose either yes or no because it makes no differanceanyway) Then, up comes the corrupt thing.well i guess my upload up JPG's didn't work!!I see why. Their 168 KB's. My screen resolution is 1360x768x32. If i reduce the size maybe that'll help.Hold

Guest tmond

Ok. I reduced my picture size.here goes.

Guest Staggerwing

Good luck with your problem Tim... but please keep this in mind when you post shots, it helps keep the forums running smoothly and quickly.In a case like this, you should crop down to only the pop-up message as that is all anyone needs to see here to help. Thanks for your help,Image Size:Images either uploaded to the server or linked to on a third party must not be any wider than 1024 pixels, and no higher than 768 pixels & 150k

Guest RonB49

Congratulations Tim, it is good to see that you have figured out how to upload a picture. Regarding your error messages, I'll assume that Jim's discovery of two instances of the [OLDMODULES] section will fix the first problem. The second indicates a problem with the saved flight file. Find this section in your FS9.cfg config file:[userinterface]MAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SelectFlightLevel=0SelectFlightTitle=0PageID=3OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=C:Documents and SettingsTJ & VERLAMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesBeechcraft Baron 58 DisplayFuelAsWeight=0The file that the error message refers to is here:SITUATION=C:Documents and SettingsTJ & VERLAMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesBeechcraft Baron 58The message means that the file named, Beechcraft Baron 58.flt is corrupt or is missing. I wouldn't try to fix the corrupt file. The easiest way to correct the problem is to let the sim start by loading the default flight, then select the plane that you want to fly, at the location that you wish to fly from, then save the flight with the "make this my default flight" checkbox checked.R-

"Congratulations Tim, it is good to see that you have figuredout how to upload a picture."Heh, Heh... Yep, Tim gets a big round of applause from me too :D .I was hoping that the duplicate [OLDMODULES] section was the cause of the problem, but as an experiment I added a 2nd occurance to my own fs9.CFG to see if I could reproduce the problem but it made no difference.I'm grasping at straws here, but is there any chance at all that you're not editing the correct fs9.CFG? Do you have more than one user account on your machine? When Windows boots, do you have to choose a user account to log on to, or does it just boot straight to the desktop? It's possible that there could be more than one fs9.CFG if you have more than one user account on your machine, actually each user account will have it's own. I guess the question is, are you logged on to Windows as "TJ & VERLA" when you get the FSSound.dll error?Just to make sure that you're editing the correct file, click "Start > Run" and paste this into the box and press "OK":notepad "%APPDATA%MicrosoftFS9fs9.CFG"That should open the correct fs9.CFG for your logon in Notepad, check it to see if it has the [OLDMODULES] section.That's about all I can think of, if that doesn't turn up any clues I'd try moving the fs9.CFG out of the appdata folder and let the sim build a new one. Start the sim once, close it, and then try adding the [OLDMODULES] section again and see what happens.Good luck,Jim

Guest tmond

Ron & Jim,firstly thank you both. I got wierd things here now1. Tryed to open my FS9.CFG file a moment ago and this is what i got(see attachment)2. We have only one account registered to "TJ & VERLA"3. Re saving a default aircraft (look at attacment also)4. Re #1. I also have a FS9.CFG.txt-notepad,that is a backup to the FS9.CFG file.I can open that thank god.5. Now that my FS9.CFG file is buggered, if I delete it and start flightsim,will it create a new one,then I can delete contents and copy file good file from the notepad into it. I had Paul(forum member)"commputor programmer" set up my cfg file as to my computer system and the results were excellent and if it's the last thing I want to do is loose his configurations he made for me.6. If you guys want i can resend my file from the notepad. I feel I got to fix this first the make the changes you both suggest.I'll do nothing til I hear back. :-)