Sign in to follow this  

ALT + TAB bug

Anybody had this problem before? I have a Compac Presario laptop with XP, an ATI Radeon IGP 320M 64mb video card and my driver is an ati2dvag.dll, version 6.13.10.6094 (which I'm not sure if it's the most current or not. Anyway, when I'm in the sim, and I hit ALT + TAB to go out, when I come back in, everything goes crazy. The 2D and VC cockpits overlap and the spot view won't even show the plane. From the 2D view, a strange blue "haze" appears outside and other weird looking lines appear. If I hit ESC, then select Continue Flying," everything returns to normal. Is this a video card or driver issue or something related to XP.Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this mystery.

Guest ScottPilot

Don't use the combination. Use the instead!It is a video driver issue. I have the same problem using the 30.82 driver for my Nvidia Geforce 4 video card. With the 40.XX series drivers, I did NOT have this problem.I switched back to the 30.82's because they are preforming better for my system. So the combination is not a good thing to do.The answer is, don't out of Flight Simulator. If you need to go back to the desktop to use another program, like Active sky, or another related program that is integrated with MSFS, pause the sim and then use the key combination to go to "windowed mode." Then "minimize" the MSFS window and do what you need to in the other program.After you are done, Then "restore" the MSFS window and press the combination again to go back to full-screen mode.This will work much better and you won't have the video corruption problem that you are describing.Of course, you might also try a video driver update, if there is one available for your video card. But if there isn't one that works, the solution is the answer for switching between MSFS and other programs.Hope this helps! Happy Simming!Scott :-)