Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

unknown file

Guest tmond

Can someone tell me How to put a picture of this in this in here to save me a bunch of explaining please:-)

Guest tmond

Ok. If I want to send a picture what attachment type do I choose>jpeg? I tryed most of them and writting just shows up in attachment below and i see no picture on print area. Or will it appear after i send msge? anyway I don't know what attachment type I choose I think in step 3. Sorry for your troubles

Guest tmond

Heavens no. But what is that you gave me? It looks exactly like the file you just gave me. But it says pss2.ram........1 KB......................By the way, what's a jpg. I tryed coping it and it would not let me paste it here. Is a jpg a picture of the object? :-)

Guest tmond

I was trying to send a picture. How do I do it. I tryed copying then post on this msge area but it won't let me paste.When I go to step 3 it offers for me to browse, but browsing don't give you pictures!!. This is important to me because pictures save typing 100 words. Do you use YAFF? How do i go to the picture of the file without copying? :-)

This is a very confusing thread. If the item you want to display isn't a .jpeg (aka .jpg) or .gif file, then it's not going to work. There are several formats of pictures in computers, but most of the web prefers jpegs or gifs. Some .TIFs or .PNGs maybe, but nothing else is really going to display. For the information to be displayed as a picture, it must be a picture format file. If it's a .Rar, .Zip, .Exe or any other format not used for displaying picture information, then it won't do that. Hopefully, you know that already. ;)If you can't get it to work using this host, then go to http://imageshack.us/ click the "Browse" button and locate the picture file you want to show, then hit OK. It will have a path to the file you selected in that line to the left of "Browse" and if you need to resize it to fit within Avsim posting limits, select the size in the box below and place a checkmark. Then simply hit "Host It" and it will upload the image to their server. The very bottom of the page, when it comes up, will have a direct link to the code you want for your pic, so you copy and paste it to the message.it will simply look like an internet address with the last part containing the .jpeg text. You don't need the IMG tag on Avsim.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest tmond

Thanks bunch.Appreciate it. Will work on that.:-)

>I was trying to send a picture. How do I do it. I tryed>copying then post on this msge area but it won't let me>paste.When I go to step 3 it offers for me to browse, but>browsing don't give you pictures!!. This is important to me>because pictures save typing 100 words. Do you use YAFF? How>do i go to the picture of the file without copying? :-) You can browse to any type of file, including picture files. Also, you have already typed over 200 words in this thread. Perhaps you should just have a go at explaining your problem.jt

Guest Staggerwing

I believe your problem is that the picture is not on your hard drive and you want to copy and paste it here from another web site.To browse your HD is not the same as browsing the web in this case... upload window will not let you browse the web.I'll also add that you really should not post shots of any kind on Avsim that are not your own or that you do not have specific rights to use. Plus the fact that Avsim does not want photos or screen shots posted anywhere but in the screen shot forum. You can then refer people to it there, if you have the rights to it.