Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Z

>6 every 3 months...>>Of course, working for Cloud9, we didn't have a chance to>change their licensing policy. By self-publishing, we can do>as we please, and offer far better licensing terms.>>I will argue here because it's not only hardware but with FS series tweaking is a second nature and sometime you update the new mobo driver s too hence I seen such dumb developed software that thinks hey you changed your hardware :-lolSince you changed the activation I'm off to buy this scenery ;-)Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I bought this scenery for FS9 and love it. No problems with installation and the Cloud 9 sceneries I currently have, DCA and LAX still work with no problems and they still show registered like they should. Some of you guys make a mountain out of a bucket of sand. The purchase was silk smooth and I was up and running in less than 5 minutes. If your having issues with installation or products becoming unregistered, its not their fault..its your own screwed up computer. But is that not the way people do things nowadays, they screw something up and lay blame elsewhere?

Eric 

I have Amsterdam and Los Angeles from Cloud9 and never had ANY problems with them, either.However, of course, I am sorry for people who did.I think Zurich is going to be the third title in my collection.Best regards,Rafal

Some of you guys make a mountain>out of a bucket of sand. The purchase was silk smooth and I>was up and running in less than 5 minutes. If your having>issues with installation or products becoming unregistered,>its not their fault..its your own screwed up computer. But is>that not the way people do things nowadays, they screw>something up and lay blame elsewhere?Eric I disagree here ;-)Who said I have a screwed up computer It seems you know all about my systems or my qualifications regarding IT... :-lol real funny :-lolBut maybe it could be that I have some more knowledge at some IT parts as you do and I'm not talking about painting.Configuring a simple PC with an OS isn't difficult at all for me actually real simple...But the one time activation policy from Cloud9 is in my opinion not customer friendly...There are so many parameters and still bugs involved in all that software on your little local desktop that it could be without screwing up your local PC software that you need a second one.Believe me there is floating around a lot of bad code work too not everybody is good programmer or pilot!Hence there are even bugs on your system ;-)That's why I bought this one because the far more customer friendly approach...Stunning scenery I love it :-) http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I have several of cloud 9 sceneries: KLAX, KDCA, and EHAM and have had to reinstall several times on new HDs with no problems. Great sceneries and if I read the purchase of Zurich you get both FS9 and FSX for one price? Hope that was correct.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

>Great sceneries and if I read the purchase of>Zurich you get both FS9 and FSX for one price? Hope that was>correct.Yes, that's correct.The activation codes are shared between FSX and FS9 versions. This means, if you install any of the two and buy it, the moment you install the trial of the other, it will be already active.

>I bought this scenery for FS9 and love it. No problems with>installation and the Cloud 9 sceneries I currently have, DCA>and LAX still work with no problems and they still show>registered like they should. Some of you guys make a mountain>out of a bucket of sand. The purchase was silk smooth and I>was up and running in less than 5 minutes. If your having>issues with installation or products becoming unregistered,>its not their fault..its your own screwed up computer. But is>that not the way people do things nowadays, they screw>something up and lay blame elsewhere?I'm guess this guy is a expert on computers. Maybe if he was also literate enough to read and understand what the main issues were all about if your computer goes down and you need to change a MB or HD or you need to re install FS because that's the nature of it, Cloud9 policy prevented you from doing so.Since the developer of this scenery came and explained their new policy, I'll take another look at it. In the next month or so I will be building another FS computer utilizing the dual quad core cpu's. Also brand new HD's. I will see then if I have ant reinstall issues.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

First of all I own all their scenery's. And I don't think that after I buy it that six months later I should have to sort through their forums to find out they have a new BGL that makes it work.I installed the new Zurich into FSX and my FSX would not start (NOTHING, game would not start at all) giving me an error I have the wrong "Bergen" installed.So off to get the "new" Bergen I go. 123MB later I get it and install it. Still no go, and still getting the error.After a search of the forums at the new site "FS Dream Team" I understand I also need the new BGL manager software, a rather lite install at 3MB or so.My point is I'm a PAYING customer and I have to jump through hoops each time a new scenery comes out. I don't mind it first time around and I understand. But seriously......BAH to you......BTW, the scenery is excellent.

If your having issues with installation or products becoming unregistered, its not their fault..its your own screwed up computer. But is that not the way people do things nowadays, they screw something up and lay blame elsewhere?LOL. I agree with you that there are a lot of computer illiterate people out there. Frankly, they should have some kind computer license, like a driver's license. Not only do they maltreat their own computer, but by not taking care of their own, they stand to become a threat to others as well. Zombie PCs, spreading spam, etc...With those people you can say, what did they do or what didn't they do.But undoubtedly, you have another category of people who are quite knowledgeable about such matters. Who take care of their PC, have no problems, back up regularly, etc... Do you think it's fair to say that such a person screwed up something, if they get a message saying this or that scenery if no longer active, after installing for example a simple scenery into FS? I don't think so.No, I'm all for anti-piracy measures, but once those measures start annoying the honest users, you've gone too far. If I install a program, I want to activate it, fine, but after that, I shouldn't have to hear a peep from the activation system unless I make major hardware changes. I shouldn't have to download a new bglman in order to keep enjoying installed and activated products, let alone a new version of a scenery.I welcome that they've already made some changes. I only hope they continue to listen to (potential) customers, instead of brushing off everything they say. Wrong those customers may be on occasion, but you're running a business. You don't have to do everything the customer says, but at least make it seems like you care.

Mike...