Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Z

Hi all just wanted to let you know that while over the fsx forum I found this link from a post that virtuali posted over there to help some of the guys out with the new F/A-18A Hornet that they worked on for Flight Simulator X Acceleration.The scenery is done by the very super talented people at cloud9 check it out it looks beautiful! http://www.fsdreamteam.com/index.html please forgive me if this was posted before didnt see it on the search engine. you get both versons fsx and fs9.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

HOLY KARP!I loved ENBR, looked awesome.Wish they woyuld get in line with AES though.....

Guest calamarr

Downloading right now, looks superb. They are already working with Olivier Pabst to add AES support to the airport :9

Have bought it too, first impression very good:- Very nice scenery- Great framerates on my system.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Looks nice, but it still reeks of Cloud9 too much, so I'll be boycotting this in favor of the very nice freeware scenery by FreeZ.

Mike...

Every time a new scenery comes out my old ones are deactivated and I have to download newer versions to get them to work, just to get the new bglman.bgl.I understand piracy prevention and such but it's making it a pain for paying customers.

What's wrong with getting a newer version of a scenery? Unless you have cracked and pirated bglman version?Privacy protection...strangest reason I've ever heard in this context. Let me guess, by a new version of bglman 'them' at the Cloud9 office know the color of the your underwear... Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Cesar, thanks for pointing out this excellent addon.Zurich is a must buy for me! I've been waiting for a pro version of LSZH for years.>They are already working with Olivier Pabst to add AES support to the airportI don't know where you got the news but it's very good. :)Best regards,Rafal

I don't like their purchasing system. I would prefer it if their sceneries were available at simMarket. But that's a minor thing.I don't like their activation system and the bglman module. At the weirdest times a message will pop up when you start FS, saying that this or that Cloud9 scenery has not yet been activated (and no hardware changes...). When you click on re-activate, you get an error. When you go to check out the airport, it's still there, it was active all along...Most of all, I don't like their attitude. They're arrogant and rude. Way back when for example Orlando came out, FS9 users asked for an FS9 version en masse. Man, trying to convince them that there was still a market for it, it just couldn't be done. Such pigheadedness. No, their "Native FSX" approach was the only way to go. Making two versions was not economically viable, etc... They were right, all the users were wrong.Then for Bergen they suddenly did have an FS9 version. And now for Zurich as well... Clearly they were wrong on that one.And if you look at what Cloud9 has done lately, you can understand they were very wrong. Last product, February. Oh, they have made new things. FlorenceX, but that's being distributed by Aerosoft. Not by Cloud9.Zurich, by the same people who made some Cloud9 things, but have now moved away from Cloud9. (Virtuali may have moved away from Cloud9, but I doubt he can change the attitude overnight.)As they put on their own site:In brief, FSDreamTeam is a new brand of a very well known developer, that decided to return (after 14 years) to direct publishing, in order to offer to all users the best possible developer-customer relationship. By self-publishing, we can listen to user's needs and suggestions more easily than having to relate with a separate entity.- http://www.fsdreamteam.com/contacts.htmlOf course, by now the damage has already been done. And I for one, have made up my mind.

Mike...

I will not be purchasing this airport either. It may be a good scenery, but because of the anti prirate conditions cloud 9 try to impose on it's customers is way over the top. I 'll keep my $$$ in my wallet. I ve purchased many of their products which I enjoy, but everytime I change mother boards or Install a larger HD, their software refuse to operate corrctly or I get the bgl error. As a loyal paying customer I feel they need to change how they protect their work. But until they do, no more $$$ from me.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

>Way back when for example Orlando came out, FS9 users>asked for an FS9 version en masse. Man, trying to convince>them that there was still a market for it, it just couldn't be>done. Such pigheadedness. No, their "Native FSX" approach was>the only way to go.One thing it's for sure: KMCO it's the only airport, right now, that works 100% without ANY issues with FSX, FSX+SP1, FSX+2, DX9, DX10 and will still work in FS11.Just read all the threads about how having to keep backward compatibility with FS9 has created all sort of problems. The only scenery that hasn't drive us mad to make all kind of hooplas to make it compatible with all 3 interactions of FSX, it's KMCO.>Making two versions was not economically>viable, etc... They were right, all the users were wrong.>Then for Bergen they suddenly did have an FS9 version. And now>for Zurich as well... Clearly they were wrong on that>one.I think I already explained quite clearly, in a message to you:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchall the reasons why we were right doing KMCO FSX-only in FSX at time of its release, and why we were right as well doing ENBR FSX+FS9 with FSX+SP1The release dates speaks for themselves: as soon as FSX SP1 entered in Beta and we realized that it had became possible to make both version with minimal effort, it was decided to make ENBR in both versions. The little backward compatibility that FSX+SP1 has (and FSX RTM hadn't in 2006 when we made KMCO) it's the ONLY thing that differentiate being able or not to create an FSX scenery with custom ground, and to create an FS9 scenery together, in a week or so, thus making it economically feasible.>And if you look at what Cloud9 has done lately, you can>understand they were very wrong. Last product, February.When Microsoft announced their Acceleration parternships, we thought anyone would have immediately realized why we disappeared for 6 months and why, of course, we weren't allowed to tell in public, being under NDA. Of course, by "disappear" I only mean, "announcing new products". We never stopped supporting Cloud9 users for the exsisting products.>Oh,they have made new things. FlorenceX, but that's being>distributed by Aerosoft. Not by Cloud9.Can't see anything strange here. We worked in the past with Aerosoft before releasing products for Cloud9 (Elba island scenery released in 2004, being Germans, they apparently like Tuscany...), we worked with Aerosoft with Florence, and we are still working with them to add AES support for Zurich. Where is the problem ?

>I will not be purchasing this airport either. It may be a>good scenery, but because of the anti prirate conditions cloud>9 try to impose on it's customers is way over the top. >I ve purchased many of their products which I enjoy, but everytime I >change mother boards or Install a larger HD, their software refuse to >operate correctlyYou assuming that, since Cloud9 used the same selling system, the rules imposed by the hardware check are the same. They are not. As clearly explained on the website in the FAQ:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.htmlIt's the publisher, not the system, that makes the "rules" of activation and the license conditions. The program itself doesn't know anything about how many times you can (or can't) change your hardware, it's all in the server, that each publisher can configure to his own preferences.Cloud9 used a straight 1 Activation->1 PC approach.Aerosoft used 3 Activations per order for Florence. Have you hard anyone having problems with hardware changes on Aerosoft's forums ? No, of course, because 3 activations is already more than enough.We are now using 6 ACTIVATIONS per order, with auto-reclaim of older activations every 90 days, meaning, in order to run into "problems" (having to require a reactivation by email), you need to be CONSTANTLY upgrade your hardware more than 6 times every 3 months, 18 times PER YEAR!Please, read the example on the FAQ, it describes an almost-impossible situation of an hypotetical user having 3 machines and constantly changing hardware, and how the sytem will react, with 6 activations.I agree that with just 1 activation available, it's easy to run into problems. But I refuse to accept someone arguing that he can't confortabily change whatever hardware he needs, with 6 every 3 months...Of course, working for Cloud9, we didn't have a chance to change their licensing policy. By self-publishing, we can do as we please, and offer far better licensing terms.