Sign in to follow this  
twasono

Wilco Feelthere Airbus Vol 2 - First Impression

The FL-224 is truly a bug, it seems that the FMGC uses data from the A32S Aircaft series.Put 200 tons payload + on an A320 and see what happens...That's the result of an almost entirely unfinished product.Regards,Marius%38%300driver.jpg

Thanks for the input Alex :)I agree about the models, I also noticed the A330 engines look a little small... (kind of like the big engines on the PSS 757). Like Rafal, I have merged the panel/flight dynamics with another visual model.I've only tried the 346, and I did notice very good takeoff performance. I've read about the "underpowered" 343, but I would assume that the 346 would have better takeoff performance due to its more powerful engines. I was also flying a fairly short sector (for a 346) of just under 3,000nm so I only had 70t fuel in the wing tanks (see my questions about the fuel planner and fuel consumption).I didn't notice any problems with capturing altitudes at high descent/climb rates... but then I didn't test this :)The strange managed nav mode autopilot behaviour has occured with me too. I get a feeling it's linked to running with accelerated time? You can work around it by using the DIR page on the FMCGU and going straight to the next waypoint.The assymetric thrust has already been noted on the FT forum, and a fix is there for anyone who is comfortable editing their own aircraft.cfg Likewise the mixed up centre fuel tank and trim tank on the 332 can also be fixed with a simple aircraf.cfg edit.I agree these issues should have been picked up by beta testers, but hopefully we'll see a patch or two in fairly short order. In the meantime this is still the only show in town if you want an Airbus heavy :)

Guest monsoon

Weird. I didnt see any defense there. I don't think it is my business asking you q's about your personal life just wondering why you would about mine? But do you have any questions that pertain to the matter at hand? Or do you want to waste more time. Either is OK with me. Just let me know, ok? Thx

Jack,Do not take it as offence, but you are the victim of your own anger.You have expressed your negative thoughts against FeelThere buses in other posts more than enough.This thread was entitled "....First Impressions", so meant as some space where actual users may come and discuss their factual impressions. What concrete bugs they found, what they enjoy in it (yes!), etc.And again you come and bash, bash, bash...Let me repeat: you didn't buy this product, did you? So why on Earth will you keep on criticizing it?I don't comment on a song I didn't hear or just know it from what some neighbours said. Even if I am a musician.If you don't intend to buy it, just don't. I understand that well.If you buy, test and find bugs, you are invited to point them out, as some others already did here.You claim to be an adult guy. So, don't you really understand that by using negative attitude towards people who buy this product and their mere idea of doing that you are being negative and somehow abusive? To say something once is far enough. Those who want to listen, will do. No need to force it out. Why jumping out from each burrow?As far as I remember you used to have a good opinion about FeelThere products. Suddenly you changed it after Airbus vol.1, feeling insulted by "lies". And now looks like you cannot help pouring your frustration around. Regardless of your feelings people still have their rights to enjoy the product.I even got lost in guessing what your aim could be. Any light on that?Suggesting that you, as a "professional pilot" with "thousands of hours", are entitled to criticize a product (even without having it for a second) and ordinary (read: non-RW pilots) customers would be ridiculous to do it is very unfair and childish.This is a game, Jack. A leisure pleasure we pay a lot of money for (not only you, believe me). We ALL have exactly the same rights like you to say if a product is buggy or not in OUR understanding and using of it. No matter if it comes from ABACUS, Perfect Flight, CLS, FeelThere, Project Tupolev, Ariane or Level-D.And finally about real life jobs.In many (if not most) of your posts at the AVSIM forum you have boasted to be a professional pilot, not even asked. If you are so proud with that (no reason not to be, of course) why are you getting so angry if someone asks a concrete question about your flying career? Are you proud and ashamed of it at the same time? Any reason to hide it?If you answer the question, it will only add up to your professionalism and people

Hi guys, cool down please... :)Now.. let's back to topic...Fortunately, Victor has responded to my issues on FT forum, and I'm quite happy receiving response from the developer itself. :)Because of the model bug, right now I merged it with CLS A330-300 RR (using CLS FDE). I also merge several FT gauges into the VC and now it's look perfect. One thing which is not compatible is the spoiler animation when we deploy "speed brake" by hitting "/". It happens because FT only use 50% of speed brake position for their model. But right now, I'm working on a fix by making a little xml gauge to correct the spoiler position..Generally the FT panel is quite good, but it's not perfect...I wish the next SP will be released soon..Salam,Tri Wasono

Guest monsoon

Rafal. Out of respect for your mature post I will respond. I would just like to put it in perspective. Now open your mind and see both sides of the coin for this one. If I said I pirate everything I own what would you or anyone else on here think of? You would bash me pretty hard without any question. And answer that HONESTLY. OK well just to clear the air I dont. I have spend tonnes of cash on my addons. Now lets reverse the scenerio. The way I see it is Wilco did the same to us as we would to them if we pirated the software. Just reverse. thats how I see it. Can you not relate to my views on it. You obviously know my name so you might have an idea of who I have worked with on beta testing. I know how much work goes into this stuff. Dont get me wrong. But why is it I get criticized if I am angered over this, lets call it "reverse pirating". Wilco staed right on their website what this product will be able to do and these expectations were not lived up to. How should I feel. I got ripped off. No if's, and's, or buts. Dont even try and convince me I or anyone else got ripped off. Would I be forgiven if I was a pirater? NO. So wy should I forgive Wilco. When this question can be answered with a lofical reason then I will consider toning down about it. I did buy the Vol 1. Did all the bugs get fixed in Vol 2? Honest answer now. Thought so. Ok now that part is taken care of. Lets go to your idea of me boasting about what i do. Please cut and paste a message of mine where I boasted. Please. If I mentioned what I did, it is for credibility. Why? The exact answer lies in this topic. Because there is ALWAYS someone who will inevitably ask you what your credentials are. Ever single time. You always here "who are you to think you know what you are talking about" or " if you think you know everything what is your experience". Those types of questions always arise. In this case this person asked me to have a pissing match. I dont really care for that. if you are genuinely interested in my career I will give details. When I read forums I get to know some of the people on here. I read the airliner XP forum and the poster ca787546 has quite a bit of valuable input over there. I know from experience he knows what he is talking about and I value what he has to say about the bus. Does he state he flies the airbus for a living. Absolutely. Do I feel he is boasting? No way. He is telling me his credentials and bulit his credibility with me. I am glad he has done so. If I have a question to ask him about the bus I know I will get a concrete answer. Is he boasting? Nope. But you say I am boasting. Okey doke. Am i allowed to criticize a product? Absolutely. Are you? Absolutely. But just make sure you know what you are talking about. But you have a point. I didnt buy the product. I do know people who have. Seems to me like Vol 2 should be called Vol 1b. A LOT of the same bugs. They have had how long to fix them?At this point in time I dont really care anymore if it was FT's fault or Wilco's fault. i am sure there is politics behind it all. I do know that I as well as a bunch of friends of mine (some who dont have a lot of money for this kind of stuff) feel, and for good cause, got ripped off. I take that seriously.

Guest monsoon

Most airliners wil have a flight detent which is a percent of what ground extension is.

Guest MikeMiraglia

Greetings all,Perhaps a bit off topic, but worth a mention nonetheless. I think it would be a good idea for AVSIM to have some type of system other than the forums where we can all vote on products. Of course this could lead to people voting who do not own the product, and it can give people an opportunity vote against a product because they do not like the payware company as opposed to a dislike of the individual product. But it would still be nice to have an organized system of some type, though admitedly I have no idea how this can be done honestly? I have bought products that were nearly evenly contested and found myself regretting it. There are other times when I give up on researching a product because the flame wars get out of control, making it difficult to get the facts....FSX was an example of this.-Mike

>>FT only use 50% of speed brake position for their model ...>>yes, because r/w in-flight you cannot deploy the>spoilers/speedbrakes more the '50%'. '100%' is allowed only>when on-ground.>>>--hehehe... agree with you scoob.... but it's only for the sake of merge... because with only 50% speed brake, the CLS model does not animate the spoilers properly.... (FT model is no problem).Salam,Tri Wasono

That idea has been put forward before. It's not going to happen for several reasons:First of all there is no way to verify if the voter actually owns the product.There would be allegations of bias or misrepresenting the results, for example favouring products sold by advertisers...Finally, it's not just terribly reliable...On the face of it, good idea, but it really is a can of worms that I don't think Avsim wants to open :)

"Please cut and paste a message of mine where I boasted."Well, just a quick skim over this thread (not others):"I would put money on it that I have spent more than 3000 bucks on my FS software. I am a sucker for new releases. SHow me how many people have spent that much on just addons""Is when people with years of experience flying real airliners tell you that this product is crap and then have people that have zero hours of expereince tell you there is nothing wrong with the product.""Just because you do not know the plane well enough to search for the bugs doesn't mean they don't exist. You said you did a flawless flight. Well that doesn't mean a heck of a lot. Lets say I found a bug in the fuel crossfeed system. Well did you crossfeed fuel on your particular flawless flight. Probably not. So therefore the bug wwnt undetected on your flight. Now imagine hwo many other scenerios I can come up with that you enver tested.""In return people like me that like realism keep getting ripped off.""It is people like me, and other people I have worked with, that beta test, and give our inputs and recommends to make the product that you have on your system right now ... Then you have the nerve to criticize me for what I am doing now.""These companies pick me up as a beta tester for my experience and I do prove to them my experience."Well, where to begin? Just in these quotes you have basically told us:i) You have spent more money on addons than the rest of us.ii) Your "years of experience flying real airliners" makes your opinion more valid than ours.iii) You know ever so much more about real airliners than we do.iv) You like realism, and by extension are a better simmer than us.v) We should be grateful to you for your beta testing efforts, and how *dare* we criticize you.vi) Developers want you to beta test for them because of your real world experience.You come into every thread about the FT/Wilco Airbus Vol2 and bash it, despite the fact you don't own it. You then start bashing the people who have purchased it, and in this thread alone you have laid down (i)-(vi) as fact. I'm sure I don't have to spell out what this comes across as...Generally speaking, when someone on an internet forum starts banging their own drum and telling everyone they are a real pilot/astronaut/circus performer it sets alarm bells ringing for with a lot of people. I know there are real pilots on these forums who are very modest about it and don't feel the need to use it to belittle others or boost their own credibility. Next up your posts are littered with spelling and grammatical errors and the kind of abbreviations and phrases that I would expect a teenager to use. When challenged to provide some details about your professional or beta testing credentials you become very defensive. That is yet another very good indicator of someone pretending to be something they're not.If you had just come in here bashing the product or developer it wouldn't have bothered me. What you did was come in here bashing the *people* and bragging about your own credentials, bigging yourself up and basically telling us that our opinions are worth nothing next to yours.You're just digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Guest gdafc1

>>FT only use 50% of speed brake position for their model ...>>yes, because r/w in-flight you cannot deploy the>spoilers/speedbrakes more the '50%'. '100%' is allowed only>when on-ground.>>>--Interesting, there are many bugs that have been raised in this forum, the only one that you care to answer is a bug that existed in the first disaster of a release......Don't know as much as you claim, is that why Feelco shut the forum, because they simply can't answer the questions?Lets hope it is had a negative affect on the sales and that this cowboy of an outfit gets what it gives to its customers.Nothing.

Guest monsoon

Oh I get it. A person says a comment that you dont like and its called boasting. I dont recall that definition being in the dictionary. Well lets see. The one gentleman said he had a flawless flight with Vol. 2. Jeez that must be boasting. Anyone that puts their computer specs below their name. THAT must be boasting. You are so lame. Nice definition you have of boasting. Obviously you havent read any other posts of mine on this topic. Like I said. If a person is going to make bold statements about a product people are going to want to know his credentials in being able to make such a claim. Get that through your thick skull, OK? I like how you come up with your own interpretation of things though. You sure you arent a reporter? Always twisting things around. Or just add your own words to things. Example. Your number 4. You like realism, and by extension are a better simmer than us. Now where the heck did I say those words. If you are going to criticize me at least get things right. Quote what I SAY not what your interpretation is. And all you have on me is my spelling. OMG. LAME. Nice immature attack though. I bet you either work for Wilco or were a beta tester for this product and you are taking it personally. If you want to get into a personal debate with me I will give you my phone number and see if you can insult me that way instead of hiding behind you keyboard.