Sign in to follow this  
twasono

CLS A330/340 - Possible Memory Leak Solution

Hi All,Today I found the solution for my memory leak problem.I usually fly using A330-300 PW and RR. (FS2004)When flying from WIII-WSSS and get the VC on... from WinXP Task manager, the FS9 memory usage is always ended up at more than 1GB... and sometimes I got crash because of memory overflow...I noticed that CLS put all VC textures on "FS2004Texture" folder instead of in each aircraft texture folder and I recalled that I've ever had the same memory leak problem (but for scenery), which is caused by duplicate texture files on scenery texture and main FS9 texture folder... the duplicate texture files can cause memory leak.....Then I decided to move the texture into each aircraft texture folder and delete it from the "FS2004Texture" folder.VOILA!!!After the modification, then I perform the the same flight again... when I land at WSSS, the FS9 memory reading is only around 700MB.... which is normal... :DNote: I haven't yet tried this solution on FSX version... may be soon...Cheers.

Interesting,I recall a similar problem years ago with JCA DC-9's or MD-80's. They had common textures in the FS9Texture folder as well. I think the solution was to move them to each individual repaint folder.I shall try out your suggestion.

Graeme Butler

These are the files in common FS texture folder (CLS A330/340 textures) that you need to remove and put them into related aircraft texture folder properly.======================================a333v2door_l.bmp a333v2door_t.bmp a333v2_l.bmp a333v2_t.bmp CLSa330_gau_l.bmp CLSpush_l.bmp CLSpush_t.bmp cls_a330vcM_l.bmp cls_a330vcM_t.bmp cls_a330vcOHM_l.bmp cls_a330vcOHM_t.bmp cls_a330vcP1_l.bmp cls_a330vcP1_t.bmp cls_a330vcP2_l.bmp cls_a330vcP2_t.bmp cls_a330vcP3_l.bmp cls_a330vcP3_t.bmp cls_a330vcP4_l.bmp cls_a330vcP4_t.bmp cls_a330vcR_l.bmp cls_a330vcR_t.bmp cls_a340vcOHM_l.bmp --> for A340 onlycls_a340vcOHM_t.bmp --> for A340 onlycls_a340vcR_l.bmp --> for A340 onlycls_a340vcR_t.bmp --> for A340 onlycls_stairs_l.bmp cls_stairs_t.bmp engines3401_l.bmp --> for A340 onlyengines340_l.bmp --> for A340 onlygeengmisc_l.bmp ltwing_l.bmp ltwing_t.bmp pwengmisc_l.bmp pwengmisc_t.bmp rrengmisc_l.bmp rtwing_l.bmp rtwing_t.bmp satcom.bmp satcom_l.bmp vcbutton_l.bmp vcbutton_t.bmp vcceil_l.bmp vcceil_t.bmp VCswitches_t.bmp====================================Cheers.