Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Manually Activate Radio Stack on Default Lear Jet

I don't like using the "CTRL E" command to start the engines in the default jets, but I can't figure out how to turn the radio stack on if I don't. Can anyone tell me how to do that?Thanks in advance to the group.

Avionics master is what you're missing, I saw it mentioned somewhere that the Lear had a switch for it in the VC but I've never been able to find it. I just assigned "Shift + N" to avionics master. You can do it in Options > Controls > key assignments or just paste this into the [KEYBOARD_MAIN] section of your fs9.CFG:TOGGLE_AVIONICS_MASTER=78,9Another option would be to add an avionics master switch to the Lear panel. Add this at the end of the [Window00] section in the Lear's panel.cfg, change gaugeXX= number if necessary to keep numbers successive:gauge34=737-400!Avionics Master Switch, 49,105Switch appears on far left just above the AOA indicator.Jim

Hi Chuck, I fly the Lear all the time and read about this alternative method from Jim's, which has worked great for me.From cold/dark: On the electric panel behind the yoke (pull it back if you need to access based on your seat position), press both the generator and battery buttons (both L/R sides will turn on at the same time) and this will give you your juice. Next use ctrl-shift-F4, which turns on fuel flow. Then, you can go to below the throttles on the center console and press each of the L/R engine start buttons, one at a time (you need to hold them down with left mouse key for some period until the engine fires). Hope it helps.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Glad it worked for you guys :) . Which option did you use though, the key assignment or the switch?Jim

Ctrl/n, shift/d, crtl/sht/f, paste this, copy that, edit this...... Stop screwing around with all this keyboard and mouse clicking nonsense and build one of these for less than $15.00. Engine start panel would be even less.Items needed: printer, lexan from hardware store, switches from electronics store.:)http://eecherrors.homestead.com/ap_panel.jpg

Thanks Jim and Kendall:I did both just for practice -- I've only been simming for about 10 months, so this is all new to me. The switch version was the most realistic so I'll most likely use that one exclusively. The switch version is also the easiest to remember. ;-)Thanks again and Smooth skies!Chuck

I think I saw your post on these panels here a few weeks ago, and I'm still not clear how the switches "tie in" to the sim and actually make the sim execute the appropriate commands. Can you point me to a tutorial or more information on how to do this? I don't even know what to Google on.Thanks and Smooth Skies!Chuck

I also asked for help on the other thread but Kimchoc didn't come back. I bought the board he was advocating and am now in the process of wiring it up. I have no experience but so far so good. Guess I will be on to technical help pretty soon!

Sorry I missed that other thread. Hard to keep up with replies sometimes. I didnt want to hijack this thread, just stimulate some thought. :) PM me if you have any questions on how to wire up the Apac or make any of the boards. Happy to help. Mostly its your creativeness that makes it happen.KC

Kimchoc your panel looks great. I have lots of questions for you but don't want to hijack this thread. Can'tyour get e-mail link to work.Bill