Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Flight Time for a Real Citation X

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any real flights on a Citation X. I have the Eaglesoft CX and just flew from KPHL to John Wayne KSNA in California in 4h 38m. I thought Wow! I know this is a fast plane but it didn't hit me until after the flight. Is this a realistic flight time for the CX from takeoff to touchdown? I was showing mach .83 after reaching fl 410. Thanks. Tom

While we were at the Reno Air Races in 1997, a new Citation X took off to set a new speed record for civilian aircraft. It did accomplish the feat, and has held the speed record for civilian jets. I'm not sure if it's still the fastest, but looking up the info, says cruise at .82 & maximum of .92.L.Adamson

Guest DanWalloch

>I was just wondering if anyone knows of any real flights on a>Citation X. I have the Eaglesoft CX and just flew from KPHL to>John Wayne KSNA in California in 4h 38m. I thought Wow! I know>this is a fast plane but it didn't hit me until after the>flight. Is this a realistic flight time for the CX from>takeoff to touchdown? I was showing mach .83 after reaching fl>410. Thanks. TomDid you red line the engine gauges to get to M.92 or didn't you burn off the fuel you should have on your way up to FL410? In the most favorable conditions, Wx and ATC you should have easily did that route in 3.5hrs.

It all depends upon the winds.Here is the recorded times in flight tracking databases for one aircraft recently - EJA961:TEB-SAN - 2112 nm - 5 hr 1 min actual FT 10/29/07SAN-VNY - 110 nm - 30 min actual FT 10/29/07VNY-BOS - 2265 nm - 4 hr 30 min actual FT 10/29/07TEB-VNY - 2134 nm - 5 hr 14 min actual FT 10/16-17/07VNY-SFO - 278 nm - 46 min actual FT 10/17/07SFO-TEB - 2232 nm - 4 hr 31 min actual FT 10/18/07(Distances from Great Circle Mapper - http://gc.kls2.com)

Thanks for the help guys. Actually, I usually fly slower at about m .75 as the airlines do, but this time I decided to take her faster. Your right though, I usually hit the red tapes as it begins the climb. I thought faster speeds were used mainly on trans oceanic flights. By the way, I checked out that great circle website. Pretty nice and convenient! Thanks again. Tom

Guest DanWalloch

>Thanks for the help guys. Actually, I usually fly slower at>about m .75 as the airlines do, but this time I decided to>take her faster. Your right though, I usually hit the red>tapes as it begins the climb. I thought faster speeds were>used mainly on trans oceanic flights. By the way, I checked>out that great circle website. Pretty nice and convenient! >Thanks again. TomRemember the Citation X is currently the fast civilian airplane. Use the speed when ever possible, that is what it is there for.

>Did you red line the engine gauges to get to M.92 or didn't>you burn off the fuel you should have on your way up to FL410?>In the most favorable conditions, Wx and ATC you should have>easily did that route in 3.5hrs.Based on actual Citation X documentation the flight time would have been around 4hrs 14min. That's at ISA and zero wind.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69