Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Mooney Anyone??

Nice. i wonder if the thermometer in the window works?JimCYWG

Guest DanWalloch

>Ya the Mooney will be great :D>>Each one seems better than thier last, and the C182Q is>amazing!>>Id also like to see - >>Piper Arrow III>Cessna 120/140>Cessna 185>Piper Pawnee>>all of these would be a great fit to the community and an>amazing ride from Carenado :)I would like to see a BE-76 Duchess because of all my time in a real one, or a Piper Seminole. Then again a properly done Seneca would be sweet.

Thanks for posting this - I had no idea that this was in the works, and for FS9 too! Looks like my excellent 182Q is about to have company in the hangar.John G.

John G.

Gawd, they do beautiful work. They're not shy on letting you see nice, big detailed screenshots... and they shouldn't be :9

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

It's about time they release it. They said last week in a few days...well it's a week later and I want to fly a fast, good looking Mooney :)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest abent

Carenado does such fine work - specifically their VC's and exterior models I just wish they would tackle something bigger like a B1900 or similar. I like the PMDG one but it doesn't have enough systems to make it that immersive.Adam

Guest ThrottleUp

They make the best light planes for FS9 in my book!I really really hope they put their awesome talent to work on a Turbo Otter!!

"It's about time they release it. They said last week in a few days...well it's a week later and I want to fly a fast, good looking Mooney"The screenshots of the panel seem to show the default MSFS radios and autopilot. That would make me think they still have some final development or things weren't quite ready yet. But past history leads me to think the preview period will be very short. Carenado usually releases there products within a week or two of their previews.Regards,John

From what I have been able to figure out this is a Mooney M20J from 1985. It looks like it has speed brakes, and thats the first model with those and still using the ugly square side windows. They moved to rounded windows in 1987.Engine used is the Lycoming I0-360-A3B6D with 200hp, which is a normal aspirated engine.Not to sound ungrateful, and this is probably the only Mooney they have had access to. But I had hoped for a later version without the square windows and a turbocharged engine. I am sure a lot of people will enjoy this one, but I'll continue using the default one. The square windows just puts me off, and no turbo...eh...I fly Mooney for the speed and ability to get above weather.Just my opinion and some info for those interested.

It's been released for FS9 folks.

Yep, I've bought it and am downloading it as I type this! No FSX version up yet.

First VERY quick impressions.Exterior model: Typical Carenado, which is to say, outstanding. Three different paint jobs + a blank "white" paint. Fantastic detail including radio antennas, step up into the cabin, pitot/static, clear covers + light bulbs at the wingtips, "powered by Lycoming" stickers on the cowling. It's as good as anything you'll ever see.Cockpit: Again, typical Carenado--obviously modeling a well-used aircraft that's given its owners a lot of pleasure. A lot of the gauges--altimeter/VSI, VOR and ADF heads, and all the radios, transponder, and autopilot--are recycled from earlier Carenado models, or at least look like it. The 2D panel has the same set of mini-icons up at the upper left of the screen as the C182/C206 do. The avionics fit is normal--dual NAV/COM, ADF, transponder, KAP 140 autopilot. It differs from the Cessnas in that the FS2004 default GPS 530 is actually in the VC panel.The VC is good. The refresh rate is fine, and most gauges can be zoomed by clicking on them. The interior detail and texturing is top-notch, and you can even zoom in while looking at the wings and see the fuel gauges in the wing panels (which work). Framerates are good on my craptacular old Athlon XP.Sounds: Nice. They're not the same recycled engine sounds from the 182s, they're different. I don't know what a Mooney sounds like, though.Handling: I'm not a pilot, so I can't speak as to how accurate the modeling is. All I can say is that it "feels" good, with a reasonable "feel" of inertia and mass for the size of the airplane. As somebody upthread stated, it's a non-turbo airplane. In a bit of messing around with it, at the default payload (396 lb) and full fuel, a cruise of 23" MAP/2300 RPM gets about 130 knots IAS at 6500 feet. So it's not exactly a turbo Mooney speed demon, but it's a respectable cruiser.All in all, IMO it's yet another classic Carenado product...an older plane, without state-of-the-art avionics, but painstakingly detailed, visually great, and well-modeled all around.EDIT: The only thing so far that I don't like is that the panel lighting in the VC works exactly the same way as it does for their 182s. Turning on the panel lights gives everything a red glow. You have to turn on the landing light to actually light up the gauge faces.Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

"....You have to turn on the landing light to actually light up the gauge faces.Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina"This is the same condition that they had with their Cessna 206 when it was released. I think it was Bill Leaming (sp?) that modified an Alpha channel on a bitmap that corrected it for some of us 206 drivers so we could fly at night and have the panel lights on without having to fly along with a taxi or landing light continuously on.

Firstly I'd like to thank Carenado for listening and providing us with a lovely Mooney! :)I'd like to thank them again for making an FS9 version ...and again for releasing the FS9 version when it was ready and NOT waiting until the FSX version is ready.Full marks Carenado! :-beerchugRegarding the instrument lighting, from what I can see it has nothing to do with the landing lights...they are separate as they should be.There is a panel light switch which will switch on the instrument lights ...and bathe the panel in a low red glow.I have not tried it just yet but I'm pretty sure if you wish to change the red glow....play with the color section at the bottom of your panel cfg.