Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Mooney Anyone??

"If you are not getting these figures, it's probable you're not loading the flight from the default flight. Try another flight after starting in the default flight, then change to the Mooney, then change your location, in that order."I tried to set up a flight according to the numbers and OAT/Pressure indicated in the POH, and it seemed the Mooney was coming up a little slow at the parms for 8000 feet and a little high on fuel burn, when leaned according to the suggestions in the documentation (25 deg. below peak temp).I updated the aircraft.cfg with these numbers for the fun of it, and seemed much closer to the specs suggested in the POH for flying at MTOW, at economy cruise. I used a popup gauge which measured fuel flow and True Airspeed to tweak the numbers. I edited this line with the value shown:fuel_flow_scalar=.825and edited this line as shown:parasite_drag_scalar=.800Both lines had default values of 1.00 prior to my edit. This would make the aircraft a bit more slippery in flight.With these numbers my fuel burn was in the 10-10.5 gal per hour range between 162-170 KTAS, depending on my mixture, throttle and prop rpm. It's important to note that I had to turn automixture off to get my numbers close, which was a great lesson as I now have a clearer picture (thanks to the Mooney docs) of how and why mixture is used.I think coming up with exact number for every part of the flight profile is probably a challenge. So I tuned my aircraft.cfg to achieve cruise performance under my preferred flying altitude (8000 ft.) for this class of aircraft and the higher terrain I usually prefer flying over in the sim. As a side effect, the reduced drag might give a more realistic feeling of handling a Mooney in the pattern. I'm pretty happy with these two small tweaks--as to how they pan out to other altitudes and power settings, hard to say.Regards,John

Guest VAA_008

>Also, if you have a popup blocker, you may have to turn it>off for the transistion.I turned everything off, my privacy settings are at the lowest they can be. I have deleted all my cookies and refreshed everything. I have deleted all my temporary internet files and I am still at the same point.I have almost no hair left on my head.I do have a profil on their site and I can access it. However, not sure if you have one or not but I do not see a login button anywhere. The only one I see is a register button.When I click on the mooney picture, I believe the page is titled ....buscador.php3?id_producto=51, nothing happens, I get all the menus but nothing happens after that.I have contacted Carenado but I am waiting now.I would be curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this. It does appear to be a local problem but I am not a first time user and this has me puzzled...Thanks again for any help.

Hi,I had exactly the same problem as you have, but with the MDMax website some time ago.Nomatter how many register and spyware cleanings I did,...the problem was still there. Then for some reason I stumbled over a forum while I Googled,..and there was a post which suggested "Spyware Doctor".I got the program, did a complete spyware search on my PC,....and guess what ! Spyware Doctor found 237 spyware files which my three other spyware and adaware sweeper program never identified!!!So after a thorough Spyware Doctor cleaning of my PC, I could easily access those websites I had problems with earlier.:-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

When I downloaded my Mooney from the Carnado Web Site I had small problem connecting to the download. But my problem was easily fixed by disconnecting by pop-up blocker. If you have either the Comcast or Google Pop-up Blocker just go into settings and turn it off until you complete your download. This hint may have been mention above, but the post is just getting to long to read the messages.Tom

>"If you are not getting these figures, it's probable you're>not loading the flight from the default flight. Try another>flight after starting in the default flight, then change to>the Mooney, then change your location, in that order.">>I tried to set up a flight according to the numbers and>OAT/Pressure indicated in the POH, and it seemed the Mooney>was coming up a little slow at the parms for 8000 feet and a>little high on fuel burn, when leaned according to the>suggestions in the documentation (25 deg. below peak temp).>>I updated the aircraft.cfg with these numbers for the fun of>it, and seemed much closer to the specs suggested in the POH>for flying at MTOW, at economy cruise. I used a popup gauge>which measured fuel flow and True Airspeed to tweak the>numbers. >>I edited this line with the value shown:>>fuel_flow_scalar=.825>>and edited this line as shown:>>parasite_drag_scalar=.800>>Both lines had default values of 1.00 prior to my edit. This>would make the aircraft a bit more slippery in flight.>>With these numbers my fuel burn was in the 10-10.5 gal per>hour range between 162-170 KTAS, depending on my mixture,>throttle and prop rpm. It's important to note that I had to>turn automixture off to get my numbers close, which was a>great lesson as I now have a clearer picture (thanks to the>Mooney docs) of how and why mixture is used.>>I think coming up with exact number for every part of the>flight profile is probably a challenge. So I tuned my>aircraft.cfg to achieve cruise performance under my preferred>flying altitude (8000 ft.) for this class of aircraft and the>higher terrain I usually prefer flying over in the sim. As a>side effect, the reduced drag might give a more realistic>feeling of handling a Mooney in the pattern. I'm pretty happy>with these two small tweaks--as to how they pan out to other>altitudes and power settings, hard to say.>>Regards,>>Johnp_factor_on_yaw= 2.0 I've also added this line to the flight tuning section to address John's statement that there needs to be more rudder required in slow flight. Maybe John (757FO) could make these changes and report whether we're getting closer to "real"... ??

Guest VAA_008

>Hi,>>I had exactly the same problem as you have, but with the MDMax>website some time ago.>>Nomatter how many register and spyware cleanings I did,...the>problem was still there. Then for some reason I stumbled over>a forum while I Googled,..and there was a post which suggested>"Spyware Doctor".>>I got the program, did a complete spyware search on my>PC,....and guess what ! Spyware Doctor found 237 spyware files>which my three other spyware and adaware sweeper program never>identified!!!>>So after a thorough Spyware Doctor cleaning of my PC, I could>easily access those websites I had problems with earlier.:-)>Well, I gave it a try and it didn't work. On the upside, I do have a system with protection against spyware now :) All joking aside, when you click the picture of the mooney as if you were going to buy it, I only get the top part of the website to show. THe bottom part with the text describing the plane and the picture and the buy button, that I don't get.I need to know what language on top of Javascript is used to program that page so I can check my brwoser settings, but as it stands everything is at the lowest and the page is not fully loading.Carenado has answered my emails but it seems too time consuming for them and they hinted me that next week the product will be available with Flight 1, Simmarket...Anyone knows web design programming?

Hi there, I just tried the p_factor parameter but it did not do anything that I could notice. The best way to see that something is wrong is, on take off, when applying full power, the real airplane requires lots of rudder to stay aligned with the runway... Another point I made about Mooneys and keeping the speed on final by the numbers, check out this video, a mooney high and fast almost crashing off the runway.. a bumpy ride too ..

Enjoy!John

John,I will try duplicating your flight and compare notes.I did a create flight from scratch so that shouldn't have been the problem. I felt like I wasn't getting full throttle, but it was getting too late so I hope to try again this weekend. I will try doing a calibrate on my throttle and check the sensitivity settings.I see other have posted some tweaks and I will try those as well.Alan

Guest DreamFleet

Interesting thread, and since I just spent several days with Fernando Herrera from Carenado at MS DevCon, allow me to say a couple of things as I have always admired his aircraft, and enjoyed my time spent with him.What you are seeing is not only an M20J, but it is also a Mooney 201; same thing. That's how it is described at their web site. I have a friend who owned one.Many have no idea of the somewhat confusing Mooney lineage and, in fact one can take an M20F and drop about $25,000 into it and turn it into an M20J / 201. The rounded windows came late in the 201's history, unless you do the mod($$$$)to get them. As to speed brakes: They never came standard on the 201, and are an option via Precise Flight. Spend about $6,000 and you get them. They are available for many aircraft, although the newer Mooneys have them as standard equipment.The first production year of the 201 had throttle levers ala Piper, later ones had vernier controls ala Cessna.The M20J / 201 derives from the long fuselage M20F, as opposed to the short fuselage M20C/E. However, there are mods available to turn any of these aircraft into the later models as to their aerodynamic features, although none will stretch the short fuselage into the long one! ;)So what Carenado gives you is a classic Mooney 201, and since it has the vernier engine controls it is somewhat a later model, but not so late as Mooney dropped the levers on the 201 after the first year of production.Here's part of a panel of a 1977 M20J/201. Notice the levers:panel-3.jpgHere is a photo of a 1978 201. Notice the vernier controls:panel-1.jpgNow, what's this?ext-2.jpgIt is a 1976 Mooney M20F, and make no mistake about it, spend the money and you can turn it into an M20J/201! In fact, I think some 201 mods have been done to it.What you have below is an early predecessor to the M20J/201, this is a 1968 M20F "Executive". It has the long fuselage but with two rear windows. This is a plane that is ripe for M20J mods, which would include a new cowling, windshield, etc.ext-1.jpgNow, can anyone tell me what was the difference between an M20F and an M20G? ;)The "G" is rather rare, but is essentially an "F" but with one significant difference under the cowling. Any guesses?Nice work on the 201, Fernando! :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest DanWalloch

>Interesting thread, and since I just spent several days with>Fernando Herrera from Carenado at MS DevCon, allow me to say a>couple of things as I have always admired his aircraft, and>enjoyed my time spent with him.>>What you are seeing is not only an M20J, but it is also a>Mooney 201; same thing. That's how it is described at their>web site. I have a friend who owned one.>>Many have no idea of the somewhat confusing Mooney lineage>and, in fact one can take an M20F and drop about $25,000 into>it and turn it into an M20J / 201. The rounded windows came>late in the 201's history, unless you do the mod($$$$)to get>them. >>As to speed brakes: They never came standard on the 201, and>are an option via Precise Flight. Spend about $6,000 and you>get them. They are available for many aircraft, although the>newer Mooneys have them as standard equipment.>>The first production year of the 201 had throttle levers ala>Piper, later ones had vernier controls ala Cessna.>>The M20J / 201 derives from the long fuselage M20F, as opposed>to the short fuselage M20C/E. However, there are mods>available to turn any of these aircraft into the later models>as to their aerodynamic features, although none will stretch>the short fuselage into the long one! ;)>>So what Carenado gives you is a classic Mooney 201, and since>it has the vernier engine controls it is somewhat a later>model, but not so late as Mooney dropped the levers on the 201>after the first year of production.>>Here's part of a panel of a 1977 M20J/201. Notice the levers:>>panel-3.jpg>>Here is a photo of a 1978 201. Notice the vernier controls:>>panel-1.jpg>>Now, what's this?>ext-2.jpg>>It is a 1976 Mooney M20F, and make no mistake about it, spend>the money and you can turn it into an M20J/201! In fact, I>think some 201 mods have been done to it.>>What you have below is an early predecessor to the M20J/201,>this is a 1968 M20F "Executive". It has the long fuselage but>with two rear windows. This is a plane that is ripe for M20J>mods, which would include a new cowling, windshield, etc.>>ext-1.jpg>>Now, can anyone tell me what was the difference between an>M20F and an M20G? ;)>>The "G" is rather rare, but is essentially an "F" but with one>significant difference under the cowling. Any guesses?>>Nice work on the 201, Fernando! :)>>>Regards,>http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpgSure thing Lou!The F model has a 200HP engine while the G model only has 180HP.

Guest delta_one

Hi, anyone know how to turn off the default GPS ? thanks !

Guest delta_one

I couldn't figure out how to turn off the GPS in virtual cockpit mode to save some resources and then found another post that had removed the GPS in the carenado mooney by putting a ; before the relevant line in its panel.cfg file.The 'gear up' sound *trensube* appears to be missing from the sound file so i just copied over the one from default mooney. anyone else find this too?