Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Mooney Anyone??

Rob, I think you should send Bill an email and ask him for the bitmap since he did the work. Those bitmaps are only around 6-700 kbs so they can be emailed easily. The mod is not posted anywhere out of consideration for EULAs (sp?) and copyrights. There are only 2 fuselage repaint bitmaps that Carenado allows people to upload to a free site.

Ok it's slowly coming back to me ...it's a long time since I flew my other GA favourite the 182RG.It's not so much the landing light switch as the need to press the L key on your keyboard to light the instruments. I remember altering alphas in the 182RG which looks like it will be necessary if I want to use my Reality-XP GNS530. (it is not lit properly)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/edetroit100/MOOM.jpg

Actually Rob, I know where this file can be found, and Bill L. did not touch any copyrighted .bmp files, nor did he distribute anything, simply provided 'hints' for some !!!!! ;) . I'll provide a link for you along with the panel.cfg (from the FSX forum), but again, it was not approved by Carenado.

Guest VAA_008

They must be having site issues, I cannot download it. I can't download any of their product for that matter. I hope this get solved soon.

Am I crazy for wanting to drop those new Flight One Avidyne displays in this puppy?I sure love those old gauges but I'm not sure I can help myself here./Dave

Regarding the panel light fix.Let's draw a parallel with the real world.A new C-206 owner taxies up to an FBO (fixed base operator) complaining that his new 206 has a lighting problem.He says his panel lights only work when he has his taxi light or landing light on. Since those lights have a life expectancy and are very expensive he doesn't want to have them on when he makes his 2 hour flights up north.I would say "yes I know". The factory has the taxi and landing lights wired in series with the panel lights. I can't violate their STC (Standard Type Certificate) but I can show YOU how to wire them in parallel using only a screwdriver and moving a wire on the bus. You can't acknowledge doing this because your "N" number would have to then be changed to an experimental category OR you can spend several thousand dollars and get your own STC. What do you take in your coffee ?

>Am I crazy for wanting to drop those new Flight One Avidyne>displays in this puppy?>>I sure love those old gauges but I'm not sure I can help>myself here.Yup you are crazy ...because you will not be able to...well not in the VC anyway.I know I keep on harping on about the beauty of 2D panels and this is one of the main reasons.2D panels are soooo versatile you can make pretty much any cockpit config you like .....with VC's you are at the mercy of the modeller.I have already tried many differing configs in the VC but will settle with my Sandel and one GNS530.The chap who said the landing lights were linked to the instrument lights was quite right! :-lolWhat a palava! ...so what I have done is given the three panel lighting textures (mooney_1,mooney_2,mooney_3) alpha channelsand treat them like cabin light _L textures.So the instrument lights come on with the nav light switch and are separate to the landing lights. :)(The light coverage of the Reality-XP GNS 530 is also fixed)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/ede.../fsscr961-1.jpg

>Yup you are crazy ...because you will not be able to...well>not in the VC anyway.No worries there, I'm not a VC flyer. I'll upload some pics after I merge the two./Dave

WOW! :-eek not a VC flyer! ...'tis my pleasure to meet you sir!. :)I had a go with the Mooney 2D VFR panel and found it very immersive (apart from the VOR1 did not seem to work)In fact the 2D VFR could have been even better IMHO if Carenado had included a little more of the top line of gauges...but I'm still happy. :)I love my new Mooney! :9

Can someone who has purchased the Carenado Mooney, please take the time for an in-depth review of this release. I love flying the FS9 Mooney and would hope that someone could use that as the baseline for differences between the FS9 model and the Carenado.Thanks a bunch, and looking forward to that read....Mitch

No 'site' Rob, just storage space for screenies and various other stuff.