Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Mooney Anyone??

There is what is labeled a DME 1 or 2 switch in the upper left hand corner of the panel. This is actually the NAV/GPS switch. I bet your switch ws in GPS mode.I thought I had the same problem last night until I realized what that switch as actually used for.

Guest mikealpha

>> WOW! not a VC flyer! He, he, me too :-). The 2D panel is indeed quite immersive.>> I love my new Mooney! Yup, same here.And all this without ANY awful activation. Just download and that's it. Even more a reason to support Carenado !Mike

The default Mooney_Bravo has speed brakes, but I can't find them in the Carenado Mooney. Are they the same model ?Jack

Guest neslesman

It's a joy just like I knew it would be. A few tiny bugs but they'll fix them right quick, like the elevator trim wheel on autopilot.Kudos to Carenado, another winner in my books.

It's not fair to do a review, since I've never flown a real Mooney, but here's a link to some screenshots I just posted:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=265986&page=I can say that anything Carenado does, the Mooney being no exception, is always outstanding and well priced given the money good add-ons can command. To me it seems they have retained the same modeller over the years, all their aircraft having great detail and all being optimized for performance. I still run a P3/800 with Windows 98. I plan on running it until it gives up the ghost--I built it eight and a half years ago when I learned I was going to be a new Daddy. Carenado manages to put out products that look as good as any out there yet can make my system seem like the most advanced on the planet. I don't know how they do it. What is interesting about Carenado is they seem to stay rather low on the radar. I didn't know this Mooney was coming until the thread was posted a little while back. But I feel they have great talent and square windows or rounded windows (in reference to another post) this aircraft is a keeper!Regards,John

Hi John,I was actually wishing for someone to compare the stock FS9 Mooney against your new purchase on such things as flying characteristics, maneuvering speed, stall speed F(fe) and F(fr), etc.Systems would be nice as well. :)Cheers,Mitch

Hi thereHave just been for a two hour multi-hop flight in the Carenado Mooney. I like it.I cannot definitively say you will like it more than the stock Mooney because every system, yoke, joystick and pilot feel and act differently. Suffice to say I find the stock Mooney too light on the controls, very poor in graphics to the point of being ridiculous, and quite simple in its 'feel'. None of those things are present in the Carenado Mooney.I'm still testing but it is looking like a very strong candidate to wear the crown of 'best aircraft I have ever bought for FS'.As you'd expect, it requires planning to get into an airport, very clean and doesn't want to slow down until the gear and flaps are out, after which it needs a bit of power to stay on a glideslope. Never flown a Mooney but knowing Carenado it's likely to be accurate.At a guess I would say if you're not happy with the job Carenado have done you might be setting your sights a bit too high for what FS can deliver!CheersJohnCanberra

Guest almkennedy

Hi John (and everyone else here)I cant wait to get off work so that I can go home and buy this thing. I'd appreciate your input on one thing though: how well does this addon perform, fps wise? I ask because I've been burned in the past with FS9 addons which look great but where the fps was poor enough to make the product unusable (Dreamfleet's Archer III being a recent good example, fps <15 on average). I own every one of Carenado's products and they're all great for fps (i.e a steady >30fps) but I am naturally cautious when it comes to buying add-ons so I am keen on your input.I've got a dual core amd athlon X2 4800+, ati radeon 1950xtx 512mb graphics card and 3gb ram. cheers, happy flying everyone!Andy

"I cant wait to get off work so that I can go home and buy this thing. I'd appreciate your input on one thing though: how well does this addon perform, fps wise?"I was afraid (very afraid) that with the higher expectations of customers and add-on vendors efforts to meet them, that this might be the first Carenado product to suffer fps wise. If you look at the link to my screenshots, those pics were snapped on an old P3/800 with a 128 Meg/GEF 4200 and 512 Megs of Ram on the main board. FPS are as good as the other Carenado product I have. FPS in the VC are outstanding--better than my own projects like the Allegro I released in the spring. In the external view, fps approach some of my AI aircraft and hover around 23-24 fps (I keep my fps locked at 25 given the nature of my system). Usually the fps killers are those aircraft that use a lot of heavy duty systems, like FMC's etc. Carenado's GA niche normally doesn't require that type of number crunching. Still, I am amazed given the texture richness of their products and detail, how they manage to pull it off.Anyway, rest easy....good fps seem certain if my rig can handle it.Regards,John

Guest almkennedy

Cheers John, appreciate the feedback. Only 2 more hours, and I'm home!