Sign in to follow this  
Guest boeingcpt744

Please help fs9 crashing!

Guest boeingcpt744

Hey simmers, i have a pretty nice rig setup and i cannot understand why i keep crashin. current specs are: Asus P5N-32E SLIIntel C2D E6600@2.82GB Kingston Value RamNvidia EVGA 8800GTS 640mbFlight sim runs perfect until i start my descent. Like the other day i was doing a KSFO-KEWR and as i started my descent it just crashed, saying fs9 hgas encountered an error check if you want to restart. I get 40+ frames. (locked at 33). Please help i dont understand why it would be crashing. I dont think its the addons because it happens with any addon. Here is a list of what i have:Flytampa KMDW KTPA KMIA KSFOImagine sim KLGA KEWR KCVGUltimate TerrainPMDG 737 LVLDPSS757Wilco CRJThanks

Pretty standard fix for this but you wont like it.Goes like this:delete fs9.cfg and let it rebuild.re-install video driversdisable any add-on scenery in the managerstart removing your add-ons one by one until you find the culprit.re-install FSOf course there is a lot more testing you can do to narrow it down. Which plane? All planes? What weather? What airport? State of cockpit at time of crash? State of scenery settings at time of crash?Theres quite a bit more information that you could provide to help narrow it down.If I could hazard a wild guess I would look at scenery as that starts to change when you descend from altitude. As I recall, it displays less when flying at altitude and then sharpens up when getting ready to really see the scenery. Sort of a simple opinion on scenery.See, knew you wouldn't like it. :)Hulio

Did this just start happening?I'd start with the easy things first.Disable any addons (scenery) first.Check your scenery folder for empty texture folders and delete those but make sure they are empty.You can copy your whole FS, yes the whole thing, to a temp directory and if you delete something by mistake...you get the drift.Use a default aircraft for testing, no mods.And as Kimchoc said, delete the fs.cfg file and let fs rebuild it.Do one item at a time then test or you might never know what caused the problem in the first place.I noticed you have imagsim KEWR and your problem is in that area maybe just a coincidence.Douglas

Guest boeingcpt744

well heres what i did, i opened up event viewer and noticed that activesky (which i also purchased) would go to a non responsive state. so what i actually realized is that i had an old version of it (6.0). So i updated to 6.5 and all is well... so far. But i also found that when i run FSINN (Vatsim) and get close to an airport like LGA NY area, my frames go down to like 9. I tried to reduce the number of planes in my session, i took the range down to 30 miles and 5 planes. no go. So i disconnected from vatsim and i still had the problem. Then i close down the FWINN and FSINN and all the other components running with it. And i noticed that it was pulling a lot of CPU power (50+). After i closed it, my frames shot back up to 33. Anybody experience this problem? Thanks alot for taking the time to answer.