Sign in to follow this  
Guest pred02

Best Payware Regional Jet

Guest pred02

Hi,I know there is are the following available:Feelthere/Wilco CRJ-200Feelthere/Wilco Embraer 145Aerosoft BAE146 Avro Which of these regional jets do you recommend? Are there any ones out that I am missing (both payware, and freeware)thanks!

How about the MADDOG?JimCYWG

Guest c210_cvs

The MADDOG is a good aircraft but frankly the devs looks like bailing on their customers so I'll give that a miss!! There are still lots of bugs in the FMC and no sign of the promised VC. Sadly looks like the PMDG crowd is following in their footsteps, off topic I know but I still have a fowl taste in my mouth after the arrogant way they handled their latest offering and paying customers on their forum!!Anyway, the Feelthere/Wilco 145 is good but they also don't have the best support history.

>Hi,>I know there is are the following available:>>Feelthere/Wilco CRJ-200>Feelthere/Wilco Embraer 145>Aerosoft BAE146 Avro >>Which of these regional jets do you recommend? Are there any>ones out that I am missing (both payware, and freeware)>>thanks!I'm actually a fan of Feelthere/Wilco's Legacy. Yeah, it's not exactly a regional jet, but with the right paint job, you can fake yourself into thinking it's an ERJ-135. :) The Legacy is based off their ERJ-145, with some improvements, and one of the better payware jetliner VCs out there.I also have the FT/Wilco CRJ-200 and really don't like it so much. It's a frame hog on my older system, the VC is unusable due to very slow gauge refresh, and something about the way it flies makes it hard for me, although that's probably 99.44% pilot error, and not the plane.Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

>The MADDOG is a good aircraft but frankly the devs looks like>bailing on their customers so I'll give that a miss!! There>are still lots of bugs in the FMC and no sign of the promised>VC. Sadly looks like the PMDG crowd is following in their>footsteps, off topic I know but I still have a fowl taste in>my mouth after the arrogant way they handled their latest>offering and paying customers on their forum!!>>Anyway, the Feelthere/Wilco 145 is good but they also don't>have the best support history.Why do you say PMDG is following MADDOG in bailing on their customers? They've just released the 747-400 for FSX. They are working on an new aircraft for them the MD-11. They are doing a complete rewrite of the 737NG to be released for both FS9 and FSX. Doesn't sound like a developer that is bailing on thier customers to me. You seem to be complaining about every developer so perhaps even MADDOG isn't quite as bad as you say.

Dave Paige

Hi,I recently have bought FT CRJ-200 and to be honest it's no good.The flightmodel is crappy and so is the system rendering.Better spend your money elsewhere

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest c210_cvs

Their attitude stinks!! There is still bugs in the fs9 744 and when a regular poster in that forum asked about fixes for that version in a civilized manner it was just deleted! Every single post after that regarding bug fixes on the 744 is just deleted! The patch that they did make for the fs9 version, is apparently only for those that buy the 744X so even if you do not have FSX you still need to buy the FSX version if you want the fs9 patch. How retarded is that?!?!?They changed their pricing currency to the Euro, but kept the amount the same as the dollar value! When asked why they did this the bulls.t answer was that their customer base is now in Europe!! The 744X has many problems after how many months of beta testing! Some of those errors is common stuff and should have been picked up by every beta tester but was never fixed!So many users like myself choose to vote with our wallets and will not buy their aircraft anymore! The devs even had the arrogance to post on their forums after someone said he will not support them anymore and I quote 'you will be back and we will take your money!' That kinda attitude towards paying customers is just ... well wrong!!!

>The Digital Aviation Fokker F70/F100 is in beta testing, if>it's up to the standard of their other stuff, it might be>worth waiting to see what sort of response it gets, assuming>you have an interest in the Fokker.>>http://www.digital-aviation.de/crjsite/l_html/main.htmlHi Ailchim,I bet you enjoyed writing that "assuming you have an interest in the Fokker"... certainly made me laugh... :)I am certainly looking forward to their little Fokker :), particularly if the Cheyenne is any yardstick...Andrew

Guest jboweruk

The Aerosoft146 is okay, but it has no VC which lets it down. They really ought to do a new one with proper systems programming. I'm still longing for somebody to do a decent BAE/Avro 146/85/100 series.The Feelthere CRJ is quite a decent bird, you can't really count the Legacy as it's a bizjet as opposed to an RJ.

The Aerosoft BAe 146 is ok, it's a lot of fun to hand fly and the 2D panel artwork is pretty nice too. However, it is pretty old now so don't expect it to be quite up to the standards of the latest and greatest stuff out there. As has been mentioned already, it has no VC and the FMC is actually from the old Dreamfleet 737.The Wilco/FT CRJ is also old now. It was ok in its day, but that was about three years ago now. I would only recommend it if you really absolutely must have a CRJ.The Wilco/FT ERJ is probably the best of the bunch. Again, don't expect it to be up to the standard of the best stuff available, but it's definitely flyable and its probably the most detailed regional jet available right now.However, I am looking forward to the Digital Aviation Fokker :)

Both FT CRJ and ERJ can be tweaked to fly better; especially with regard to putting in correct moment of inertia values. The ERJ, for me, was initially unflyable by hand on approach, but I've got it fairly good now. I do agree that the ERJ is better than the CRJ. Instead of paying for an RJ, just wait a bit and a FREE Avro will soon be released: www.simviation.com/hjg.main.htm Mike

Ooops! :( a typo on the link. Here's the correct version: www.simviation.com/hjg/main.htm Mike

Guest monsoon

>They changed their pricing currency to the Euro, but kept the>amount the same as the dollar value! When asked why they did>this the bulls.t answer was that their customer base is now in>Europe!! If this is what they really did say I am not sure if I agree with that. Saudi Arabian oil is based in the middle east but they trade in US dollars! It would be obvious why they did this. The US dollar is slipping big time and they make way more money trading in EUs if the amount stays the same. There is no denying this.